Inconsistent naming in Tab groups

Iron Contributor

Balancing on edge with GNU/Edge - 1

Correction I: I've swapped Topics (subtitle) with Title

Correction II: I've polished text a little.

Introduction

I'm still weighing pros and cons of GNU/Edge. I'm still clueless as so many other users of this browser. It's worse - I'm still not aware what would be born, reborn or evolved from the magma chamber of umpteen sensible, erratic and exotic ideas you could find beneath a crust of all sorts of utter litter.

I have several question of my own, of course, and I'm more than eager to ask them. Doing so I'll try to be constructive, concise and less uneasy, albeit not emotionless, of course. The last factor is always essential part of developing process.

There are so many burning issues concerning polishing Edge I've had to grain them. Hence the topic title and important subtitle of my series inside each post.

Topic

Working on specific issue - how to save three panels of Edge: 1) left sidebar (or panel) with Tabs groups, 3) Favorites panel and 3) Collections panel - I came across inconsistent behavior of Tab groups.

1. when you open one of your groups and then select all tabs in it, its context menu will show option - Add all tabs to favorites (Ctrl+Shift+D) [See Fig. 1]

2. when you open context menu from Tab groups panel, you'll read Add open pages to favorites (Ctrl+Shift+D) [See Fig. 2]

Pay attention to the same shortcuts! Both options are identical in doings! Clicking them they will create new folder in Favorites with all groups and tabs!

It's wrong. In 1) example. I wanted to save contents of one group only, not all!

More, in other words, group names' context menus do not have an option like Add tab group to favorites (Ctrl+Shift+?) You might think that selecting all tabs in a group (Shift+Click the last tab, then the first one) and then clicking in context menu (from any of the tabs within the group) Add all tabs to favorites (Ctrl+Shift+D) would do the job. No!  You would save to Favorites all groups and their tabs from the tab groups panel!

It's a total mish-mash. Errors in menu naming and badly thought over menus.

See the screenshots. BTW. Tell me why I've had to use Opera to graphically comment them? How come so much efforts were streamlined into PDF editing, leaving behind so badly unfinished screenshot editor!

[Fig. 1]

sssx_0002_2021.09.17-14.48.44.png.png

[Fig. 2]

sssx_0003_2021.09.17-14.49.03.png.png

0 Replies