Impressive w/out blocker

Silver Contributor

Admittedly, have used or had an ad blocker in place for a L-O-N-G time, BUT...

I find what I am seeing or more to the point NOT seeing, with Strict and no ad blocker is terrific!  As I move about things are equally 'clean' & clear of ads & such as when an ad blocker was doing its thing. It's, really, quite impressive to have these results with nothing added to achieve it. 

You know when you put the security features within Edge together with the security features within Windows 10, you truly have "a match made in heaven".  And, BTW, this is even more true with 1909 which, is coming in a matter of days.

Cheers,
Drew
Microsoft_WindowsInsiderProgram_Wallpaper.png

14 Replies
Doesn't block YouTube ads which are the most annoying types of ads.

@Drew1903 

"You know when you put the security features within Edge together with the security features within Windows 10, you truly have "a match made in heaven".  And, BTW, this is even more true with 1909 which, is coming in a matter of days."

What are the new security features in version 1909?

@Bruce Roberts 

Here is list of all the new features:
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft/windows-10-1909-coming-soon-here-are-the-new-feature...

Windows defender is always improving regardless of Windows version. there isn't any new features in build 1909 that effect or help Edge insider browser directly.

build 1909 is not even released, it's still in the release preview ring of the Windows insiders.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

@HotCakeX 

Thanks, but none of that answers my question for @Drew1903.

Regardless, this is neither what me nor anyone else can deny, official documentation from Microsoft

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-insider/at-home/whats-new-wip-at-home-1909

@HotCakeX 

Waiting to hear why @Drew1903 said, "You know when you put the security features within Edge together with the security features within Windows 10, you truly have "a match made in heaven".  And, BTW, this is even more true with 1909 which, is coming in a matter of days." 

1909 has definitely some improvements of course. Edge insider incorporates Windows Defender security features and relies on them.
unlike for example google chrome that uses a 3rd party company like Eset and their own cloud.

@HotCakeX 

"1909 has definitely some improvements of course."

Any new (non-Enterprise) security features?

According to that official documentation, nope.

@Bruce Roberts 

I did see your query to me.  I'm vigorously trying to go through a big pile of items.  It does, certainly, apply to Enterprise, but, there are Consumer things/impacts, too...  (Already, seen in Insider Builds) just give me a a bit of time please & I'll come back to this.  Thanks.

Cheers,
Drew

1909 is a rather small update that comes as a normal cumulative update, the bigger update is 20H1 destined for the December 2019.

@Bruce Roberts 

Please forgive the delay, please, Bruce.  Yes, some or most or what I had in mind relates to Enterprise, BUT, not all.  There is some work, improvements & or different offerings available within Windows Security. As an example here are their 2 panels from the same heading; this is one example of enhancements within Windows Security (AKA Defender & more).
Security3.pngSecurity9.jpg

Cheers,
Drew

Spoiler

@Drew1903 wrote:

@Bruce Roberts 

Please forgive the delay, please, Bruce.  Yes, some or most or what I had in mind relates to Enterprise, BUT, not all.  There is some work, improvements & or different offerings available within Windows Security. As an example here are their 2 panels from the same heading; this is one example of enhancements within Windows Security (AKA Defender & more).
Security3.pngSecurity9.jpg

All of those features are available on Windows 10 build 1903 too.

Annotation 2019-11-01 002713.jpg

Annotation 2019-11-01 002730.jpg

Annotation 2019-11-01 002751.jpg

Annotation 2019-11-01 002838.jpg

Exploit protection and Reputation-based protection which is just a title name for a set of features that were already available on build 1903 but now they are all gathered together under a difference name but still do the same thing.

I'm not even sure that's build 1909 but even if it is, it's in insider channel. also it seems that Microsoft put some settings under a different name, still no new feature is added in 1909 in terms of Windows defender. the big stuff are coming in build 20H1

if there was anything of that kind, it would definitely be mention in here. there is no point in hiding it from the public.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-insider/at-home/whats-new-wip-at-home-1909

@Drew1903 

"Yes, some or most or what I had in mind relates to Enterprise, BUT, not all."

I don't see any new security features in version 1909, do you?