Import/Export password

Bronze Contributor

Hello

There is an option to export passwords
But there is no option to import them ??

Thanks

37 Replies
Previously there was a flag to enable both import and export but it's gone now

@HotCakeX 

Ok, so now, we can export them, but not import them?
I do not understand the interest

Thanks

Yes,
I think they expect us to use "Import browser data" feature instead.
Not all browsers are supported this way though.

@HotCakeX 

Yes maybe, but the password is saved in the .csv file and not in another browser
Or as for the Bookmarks/Favorites, MS add the option for the password

Thanks

I know. I said maybe now that they removed that feature, they expect us to use "Import browser data" feature instead to import/export our passwords between browsers.
edge://settings/importData

@tistou Yes import passwords should be there at-least until cross device syncing is not working properly. It will be a big relief in while operating multiple devices everyday. I have a CSV file generated by export passwords option on one device but I can't import that on other device. Then what's the use of export.

Also there should be an option for complete browser data exporting and importing for hassle free offline manual syncing in case when online gives problem. As a developer, it's very necessary for us to have data synced across devices.

I am also looking for a way to import the CSV that you can export.

Has there been any official word from Microsoft about why this feature was removing? I am using the Release Candidate (BETA) version.

This option to import passwords is really missing

@tistou Good news: importing passwords is now available in Dev!

@rjtiwari10 and @LBXComputers -- I'll chat with our engineers/devs about CSV options when they're back from the holidays and loop back to you if they have any additional thoughts.

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

@Deleted 

Thanks so much for this information.

Not yet with Canary ?

@tistou I believe I just saw it in my desktop version of Canary, but I haven't installed the latest update yet. It might also be different for certain users, so just let us know what you end up seeing on yours.

Fawkes (they/them)

@Deleted 

With the latest version of Canary (.370), I have that

Capture.PNG

Thanks so much

@rjtiwari10 and @LBXComputers

Our devs thought that your suggestion for CSV exportation was good and they would appreciate it if you can formally submit it for their tracking.

Fawkes (they/them)

OK that's good. Just to confirm, you are talking about import passwords from CSV file, right?

@rjtiwari10 I meant for importing and exporting, but you can limit your feedback to what would be the most helpful for you.

Fawkes (they/them)

Actually, we already have option of exporting passwords. We just want to have an option for import. So we can export and import from one device to other or between different channels as per our need.

@rjtiwari10  @Deleted 

Yes we can already export to CSV but there is no option to import this same CSV. The "Import Browser Data" only lets you pick from current installed browsers but not this specific passwords CSV file.

We are not in a position to sync profiles etc and we want to be able to import passwords saved in Beta to other builds such as Dev and Canary etc.

This will also be useful for importing passwords from password managers such as Lastpass, Kaspersky Password manager and so on

@Deleted Any update on this Password Import issue please?