Image of the day not working for last few versions

Copper Contributor

Hi there,

For the last few builds, and on 2 of my devices (PC & Laptop) the image of the day hasnt worked for a few weeks now. Stays on the default image of a lake with the logo ...

I tried forcing it, nothing seems to work.

It isnt the end of the world, but was nice to see what random images would come up. I am on 83.0.467 at the moment. As mentioned, this has been going on for a while now.

Anyone have or know of a fix?? Thanks!!!

7 Replies
Hi,
I know for a fact that new tab page and its contents save cookies on the browser so I suggest to try clear all your cookies in Edge, restart browser and see if it fixes your daily image
edge://settings/clearBrowserData

preferably clear these 3 items and set the time range to "all time"

Site permissions
Hosted app data
Cookies and site data

@HotCakeX 

Thanks for the quick reply,

I tried your suggestion, and no joy! :(

I may try wipe my laptop and try again from blank. Tomorrow though........ :) It is beer o' clock now in the UK! :)

Haha get drunk, stay home, stay safe ;)
don't wipe it all though, reinstalling Edge should do the trick

@HotCakeX 

That is the plan!!!! :) :)    Stay safe too!

I will take a crack at uninstalling / re-installing edge chromium tomorrow!!

Thanks again! Much appreciated.

@HotCakeX 

Sooooo... I reset my PC, installed the edge browsers, same thing. Formatted, and re-installed... cleared out my online MSFT profile data even... installed Edge dev... no image changes.. installed beta... same thing.

It is almost like a setting in my profile is causing this issue, but where?????

My work laptop, same build of OS, & edge versions, but different account, works perfectly, i get a new IOTD every day.

Umm does it work in Edge stable ?

@HotCakeX 

Nope..... i even spun up a vm in VirtualBox .... didnt sign in with my msft account, IOTD works perfectly. sign in with my msft account... IOTD disappears again on me.

Like i said, it is almost like there is something about my msft account that has something set / flagged somewhere that breaks IOTD.... it is really odd....

I have been over my msft account online over and over. deleted as much as i could on it to see if that helped... real head scratcher :p