Image in tooltip

Bronze Contributor

Hello

On my desktop, I have the image in the tooltip,

Edge.PNG

but not on my laptop

Is there an option to turn off the image ?

Thanks

5 Replies
In the Address Bar go to edge://flags/#tab-hover-cards and change the dropdown for that option to "Disabled". Do the same for edge://flags/#tab-hover-card-images and once both are set to "Disabled", restart Edge (or close all Edge windows, then open a new one). The image should no-longer appear, and when you hover over a tab, all you'll see it the title of that page
Thanks so much for your help

oddly, the edge://flags/#tab-hover-card-images option is on "Default" for my 2 PCs, but on my desktop, I have the image but not on my laptop

I passed the option to "Disabled "on my desktop
If you're using one of the "test" versions of Edge, "beta" or "dev", then Microsoft may be doing "A/B Testing" where some users get this feature, and others don't. Hence why when set to "Default" some of your devices may have that behaviour, and others won't.

"Disabled" will force it off in all cases.
Ok, same version of Canary for the 2 PCs
Yes, it's normal to have something different on the one PC compared to the other. Microsoft do something called "A/B Testing", where certain new features or changes only get made on something like 10 to 20% of installs of that version, hence the confusion...