SOLVED

I want to customize the new tab add the option "Do not show Microsoft News."

Copper Contributor

I want to customize the new tab add the option "Do not show Microsoft News."
If I adjust the layout of the new tab to "Custom" and the three options below are turned off, Microsoft Consulting will still appear at the bottom of the page, and scrolling will still bring up the consultation page.
I want to have a new tab that only displays the Microsoft Logo and search box.
Hope that the Microsoft Edge development team will consider this suggestion, thank you very much!

8 Replies
best response confirmed by Ling_Gao (Copper Contributor)
Solution
if you don't want to see the news, turn on this flag (tested on Canary):
edge://flags/#use-edge-local-ntp
Love the news myself. Just wish they would add a "Back to top" button or scrollbars. Both are missing (in tablet mode at least) and it takes forever to scroll back to the top when you get to the bottom of the newsfeed page.

@HotCakeX 

Hello, thank you for your help! This method works, but after using this method, the new tab will display a picture. I don't know if there is any way to still display the Microsoft Logo.

@Ling_Gao 

Hi Ling,

It was me who had 1st told Folks about this NTP thinking some might like it because it is so 'clean', no branding, feeds, menus, a plain, basic NTP.  There is no way to add things to it or change anything.  To some Folks, that may be the beauty of this one.  For others, not their cup o' tea.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

@Jacques Van de Meerssche 

Here's a couple of suggestions: 1. Maybe there is a Page up key on your keyboard. 2. Mouse gestures will do Scroll to top (or bottom).

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

@Ling_Gao 

Again, Ling, this is why I told Folks about this NTP, initially.  It does not have any of 'the stuff', has a pretty photo instead of blank space & there is no branding.  We know it's from Microsoft even with no logo. You, happily, lose the News, but, alas, the logo, too.

再次,玲,這就是為什麼我告訴大家這個NTP,最初。 它沒有任何'東西',有一個漂亮的照片,而不是空白空間 - 有沒有品牌。 我們知道它來自微軟,即使沒有標誌。你,很高興,失去了新聞,但是,唉,標誌,太。

zài cì , líng , zhè jiù shì wèi shén me wǒ gào sù dà jiā zhè ge NTP, zuì chū 。 tā méi yǒu rèn hé ' dōng xī ', yǒu yí gè piào liang de zhào piàn , ér bú shì kòng bái kōng jiān - yǒu méi yǒu pǐn pái 。 wǒ men zhī dào tā lái zì wēi ruǎn , jí shǐ méi yǒu biāo zhì 。nǐ , hěn gāo xìng , shī qù le xīn wén , dàn shì , āi , biāo zhì , tài 。

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

You're welcome ^^
I've been trying to find a way to modify that locally saved tab as well.

I am aware of both. Though I will have to change my lines/click settings for the wheel cause that takes forever. The page we are on here includes both back to top button and scrollbars for a reason. Ease of use should still be important to MS I would think@Drew1903 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Ling_Gao (Copper Contributor)
Solution
if you don't want to see the news, turn on this flag (tested on Canary):
edge://flags/#use-edge-local-ntp

View solution in original post