I'm absolutely livid! - Edge - the first time I have ever sent feedback to Microsoft.

Copper Contributor

Today I opened edge which must have updated itself and I was aghast. This is the first time I hit the 'send feedback button' and I realise it's not very professional bringing emotion into the equation. But I'm really fooking angry about this. I haven't  capitalised sentences like this since as far back as I can remember. 

Edge without asking copied over all my bookmarks and extensions (and I use a LOT of them) from Chrome. Well technically my 'work' chrome instance as I use various different Chrome profiles depending what I'm doing. 

What the HELL are you doing Microsoft!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today I opened Edge and you **bleep**ed up all my bookmarks and extensions!!!!!!!

I maintain parity between browsers - I use Edge for shopping an leisure without ad blockers - and have a completely different setup in Chrome for work. YOU JUST RUINED MY HARD SETUP CONFIG AND I'M FURIOUS.

Why do you treat people like idiots?

You drive me more and more to Linux with every screw up like this that you make.

You horrible horrible people.

This may not be the appropriate forum for this feedback but I will shout it from the rooftops every chance I get. 

Edge is now being removed from my PC.

**bleep** I just noticed it also brought across all my tabs. Not cool. Not cool at all. 

1 Reply
Hello nexusinfo,
Enter edge://settings/profiles/importBrowsingData in the address bar, from your post it looks like there will be a setting to automatically import browsing data from Chrome. This setting is not available to all users yet. You may have clicked through a popup to activate it. Disabling that setting will remove your Chrome data from Edge.