SOLVED

I cannot type "@" in Edge Chromium for macOS

Copper Contributor

Edit: Tested, both cntrl + q and alt + q  shortcuts for ""@"" runs on may Mac, somebody inserts a new keyboard shortcut before me. However, Edge Chromium don't respond both alt+q and cntrl+q for "@".

Hi. I cannot insert "@" in browser via " alt + q " shortcut on macOS. You can try it on email section at this website. I can copied it from text editor only. Thanks.

47 Replies

@aditya10 

Is there any ETA when favorite sync problems are going to get fixed?

old favorites, deleted favorites are coming back between 2 Edge canary installations that have the same version.

Stable channel is even worse. to be honest, I don't see why people should install stable channel when they are very likely to lose their data. I myself lost my data more than once, on stable channel.

@cnbrkdmn 

I strongly suggest to install another browser like Firefox and keep your favorites there or export your favorites on Edge to an HTML file. that is if you don't want to lose your favorites.

Microsoft officially said on one of the top feedback posts that Stable and Beta channels are having problem with favorite syncing, they only half way fixed it in Dev and Canary channels.

Edit: here:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/discussions/top-feedback-summary-for-march-4/m-p/1209808

Stable - Stable

Beta - Stable

Canary - Canary

Canary - Dev

Canary - Beta

Canary - Stable

Dev - Stable

Dev - Beta

literally all combinations will cause the favorites to either delete, replace, bring back old favorites and entirely mess everything.

there is also a chance that if you are not syncing between 2 machines, your favorites still don't get synced, even if you see green mark (happened to me personally). I'm just reporting what me and others experienced in real life.

thank you very much for that information.

@cnbrkdmn 

@cnbrkdmn wrote:
thank you very much for that information.

Anytime! hope this gets fixed soon

@HotCakeX We do have a fix in place for deleted favorites coming back. This fix has not yet reached stable channel. If you are able to reproduce this behavior without a stable channel in mix (or after taking in next update to stable channel), we will be happy to investigate it further. Thanks for your patience. 

@akhator 

Spoiler

@akhator wrote:

@HotCakeX We do have a fix in place for deleted favorites coming back. This fix has not yet reached stable channel. If you are able to reproduce this behavior without a stable channel in mix (or after taking in next update to stable channel), we will be happy to investigate it further. Thanks for your patience. 

Hello,

I only install Canary channel on my machines to be on the latest version and that's where it happens,

I hope syncing issues take highest priority until they're entirely fixed.

meanwhile I've told my people to manually turn off favorite syncing on their machines using stable channel to prevent data loss and their data messed up.

I strongly think that you should do it from your side for everyone, say that there is a temporary issue with it, and turn it back on once it's 100% fixed. because it's stable channel and everyone expects it to be "stable".

@HotCakeX Thanks for quick response. We totally understand that this is a big concern and disrupts your workflows. We have made some fixes but are still working on fully resolving this at high priority. Really appreciate your patience. If there is a consistent set of actions that lead to deleted favorites coming back, please do share those as they will help in our investigations. 

@akhator 

Spoiler

@akhator wrote:

@HotCakeX Thanks for quick response. We totally understand that this is a big concern and disrupts your workflows. We have made some fixes but are still working on fully resolving this at high priority. Really appreciate your patience. If there is a consistent set of actions that lead to deleted favorites coming back, please do share those as they will help in our investigations. 

Thanks, well as a user it will be hard to do something like that again and again to find a pattern but last time it happened to me was when I was using Edge canary on Windows 10 for a while and then installed the same version on Mac (10.15.4), signed in for the first time and I watched the old favorites came back and replaced some other favorites. some of them were duplicates too.

I was wondering if the sync logic can be remade or changed fundamentally in a way that when a user deletes a favorite, it will Never be possible to come back again, and also it will never be possible to have duplicate favorites.

the fact that Edge has a built in favorite duplicate removal tool makes me so worried because it means at some point the duplication will/can happen and that's why the team created that tool but it won't be as easy as it sounds to use it because lots of things can go wrong. so I really hope the team fixes this issue from its root.