SOLVED

I cannot type "@" in Edge Chromium for macOS

Copper Contributor

Edit: Tested, both cntrl + q and alt + q  shortcuts for ""@"" runs on may Mac, somebody inserts a new keyboard shortcut before me. However, Edge Chromium don't respond both alt+q and cntrl+q for "@".

Hi. I cannot insert "@" in browser via " alt + q " shortcut on macOS. You can try it on email section at this website. I can copied it from text editor only. Thanks.

47 Replies

@Iengelen @assoft @kirbey Thank you all for the updates, I've passed this on to our mac team.

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

@Deleted thx Fawkes.

Now, could you please forward my following messages to the mac team?

"

hi, I'm onVersion 80.0.361.57 (Official build) (64-bit) now and my x to close tabs on the left is gone.

this is outrageous, it was a flag that was working absolutely fine on Mac and fully consistent with the OS standards.

I even logged a feedback request about it to get it on the left by default.

Got a mail back saying my request was being looked into.

Now it's just gone.

This is pretty low.

i want to love this new browser on my Mac but don't take away features that make it consistent with my base OS gui.

@Iengelen We're sorry to hear that! Yes, we've passed along your most recent message and are following-up with the team to see if we get more details on why this is happening. To confirm (and my apologies if you already mentioned this) you aren't using a touchscreen, correct?

Fawkes (they/them)

@Deleted hi, I'm not using a touchscreen.

This problem has been fixed with the update. (Version 81.0.416.12)

@kirbey - Can you please check on Version 81.0.416.12 and get back if you still face any issues. In the meantime, I have logged a bug and intimated the team to check on this issue. Will reach out to you as soon as we make some headway. 

@aditya10 

yes, I have some problem I cannot type @ 

My Version 80.0.361.66  I use macOS and Turkish Q keyboard

Thanks @uguraktas. The fix went in build 81. Can you try replicating on Canary/Dev 81 and tell us if you still face issues? 

@assoft 

@assoft wrote:

This problem has been fixed with the update. (Version 81.0.416.12)

Nice, that's Beta channel now which is version 81.

Dev and Canary are version 82 so the issue must be fixed in them as well :)

best response
Solution

@kirbey Thanks again for reporting this.

Great news: The engineering team was able to verify that the bug affecting Turkish keyboards should be fixed in build 82.0.435.0 (for example, available in the Dev channel).

If you are still encountering this after updating to the latest version, can you please reply so we can take a look?

Cheers,

Rory

@roryfa I approve that issue has been solved on 82.0.446.0 Dev (64 bit) - macOS. I can type @ via Alt + q with Turkish keyboard.

Ekran Resmi 2020-03-13 21.01.11.png

I have the same probem in Mac, if I use Hungarian keyboard. Is any suggestion for it?

@tibiatyaBecause of this issue I have been using the beta version. The 81.0.416.34 beta can handle the mac Hungarian keyboard and you will be able to type the @ symbol.

@tibiatya Thanks for letting us know. Can you please confirm what version and channel you're using? And if you haven't yet, can you please submit feedback and diagnostic data through the browser?

Fawkes (they/them)

@kirbey Microsoft Edge is up to date.Version 80.0.361.103 (Official build) (64-bit) 

I have this version (stable) and I can't type 

@ without copy other app. How can i resolve this ?

Thanks @cnbrkdmn for the feedback. Please try it on build 81 which is currently in the Beta version and let us know if it works. A few folks on the thread have mentioned that it is working there.

You are on Edge 80 and the fix went after that. 

Yes, it works on beta version :) but I don't want to use beta version :(

Don't worry @cnbrkdmn. Stable build is coming soon (mid-April) and will have the fix in it :)

Can I transfer all my data (on stable) to beta version quickly or just using my Microsoft Account ?

Hey @cnbrkdmn, you can use sync with your Microsoft account for that. Currently, on stable 'Favorites', 'Settings', Addresses & more' and 'Passwords' are supported, so that can be roamed to Beta. History, open tabs, extensions ad collections are coming soon.