SOLVED

I cannot type "@" in Edge Chromium for macOS

Copper Contributor

Edit: Tested, both cntrl + q and alt + q  shortcuts for ""@"" runs on may Mac, somebody inserts a new keyboard shortcut before me. However, Edge Chromium don't respond both alt+q and cntrl+q for "@".

Hi. I cannot insert "@" in browser via " alt + q " shortcut on macOS. You can try it on email section at this website. I can copied it from text editor only. Thanks.

47 Replies
Hi,
Which channel are you using?

Hi. @HotCakeX 

I'm using both Beta and Stable channel. This issue available all of two channel.

@kirbey We're sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with that shortcut. As a heads-up, the new MS Edge may have different shortcuts; here's a list of our current ones: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4531783/microsoft-edge-keyboard-shortcuts

(And unfortunately, no one on our team is a mac user, so we weren't able to try repro-ing it. However, you are always welcome to submit feedback/bugs through the browser!)

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

@kirbey hi, what OS are you running and what's your keyboard layout?

rgds

Igor

@Deleted Hi,

I also have the same problem. It was working fine but i think it might be caused with one of the updates.

@rizagokay  Good to know. Can you please confirm the channel, version, and OS you are using? And do you remember when it stopped working? If you and @kirbey could submit feedback through the browser too, that would be great for the devs.

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

Turkish_q and English_q keyboards I have. macOS.

Hi @Deleted ,

I submitted a feedback about it from Edge Chromium Stable - macOS. Due to i cannot type @ yet, I copied from another source for mentioning you :)

Thanks.
Does Mac have some sort of on-screen keyboard like Windows? if yes, can you use it to type @ ?

@kirbey   Can't you you type "@" with shift-2? I have never heard of any ctrl-q shortcut on mac.

It gives " ' ". What Chrome do in macOS via cntl + q , Edge shoud do it :) Also I have never heard of any shift-2 shortcut on mac for "@" ;)
Yes it have a virtual keyboard. But no success. It not types "@".

@kirbey The "2" key at the top of every keyboard.  If you hold down shift and type it, you get an "@" sign (see attached).  Unless I am missing something you are trying to do where this won't work for you.

I have it too, on my Windows keyboard of course. though when I want to buy a keyboard I don't say I want a Windows keyboard, I just saw I want a keyboard lol

@HotCakeX OK, now I'm sorry I even tried to help.

Try this trick on macOS please with Turkish Q keyboard :) It will work on US keyboard, but I have not physical access it at now.

@kirbey Unfortunately I have the same problem. And I haven't found a solution yet

@assoft been looking into this a bit further but so far nothing :(

I do have an @ on my keyboard that just works but in the past I had to learn things like shift-option-L for | (piping symbol in powershell) or shift-option-/ for \

Unfortunately I haven't found a combination that works for @ but it might be related to my keyboard layout.  Might wanne give it a try.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response
Solution

@kirbey Thanks again for reporting this.

Great news: The engineering team was able to verify that the bug affecting Turkish keyboards should be fixed in build 82.0.435.0 (for example, available in the Dev channel).

If you are still encountering this after updating to the latest version, can you please reply so we can take a look?

Cheers,

Rory

View solution in original post