I can`t open Edge Insider

Copper Contributor

When I set the Edge Insider as my default browser, I can open it via a link.GIF 2019-11-13 10-19-21.gif

15 Replies
Hi,
Which operation system and version are you using?
Oh good, so Edge beta only opens when it is set as the default browser?

@Hau9en 

Control panel -> Default programs -> Set default programs -> In web browser choose Edge Beta

Sorry, but I have the operating system in Spanish. I hope that with the translation it will help you to reach the end.

Greetings

------------
(Spanish)

Panel de control -> Programas predeterminados -> Establecer programas predeterminados -> En navegador web elegir Edge Beta

Disculpa, pero tengo el sistema operativo en español. Espero que con la traduccion te sirva para llegar al final.

Un saludo

I think he already did that, but his problem is when Edge is Not the default browser, it won't open..
My English is not very good, so I use Google Translate to explain it briefly. When I install Edge Insider, it will open once by default. Then when I closed all Edge Insider, clicking on Edge Insider again did nothing. The only way I can open Edge Insider again is to set it as the default browser and click the link to open it. I tried to go to the installation path to open ‘msedge.exe’ and the result is still the same
Thank you very much for your answers, but I may not have clearly described the problem. My English is not very good, so I use Google Translate to explain it briefly. When I install Edge Insider, it will open once by default. Then when I closed all Edge Insider, clicking on Edge Insider again did nothing. The only way I can open Edge Insider again is to set it as the default browser and click the link to open it. I tried to go to the installation path to open ‘msedge.exe' and the result remains the same.
It's okay, I could understand you perfectly :)

can you try to run it as Administrator?
Of course, I have already tried it.
I also tried to open in compatibility mode and it failed.
Try "troubleshooting compatibility" and let it detect issues.
you could try other channels and see if they all have this weird problem or only Beta channel

Thanks, I just tried to solve my problem with "troubleshooting compatibility". I can open it again (like the picture below), but when I proceed to the next step, then, 'save these settings for this program‘. Going back to the desktop and opening it again, iGIF 2019-11-13 18-15-31.gifSnipaste_2019-11-13_18-57-39.pngSnipaste_2019-11-13_18-59-20.pngt failed again.

Thanks for testing that,
could you please test other Edge insider channels? such as Canary?
it's newer and always better than Beta.
https://www.microsoftedgeinsider.com/en-us/download/

@HotCakeX thanks a lot!

Anytime!