Hulu works on Dev build but not Canary

Copper Contributor

I have been using the Dev build for several months and have not really noticed any significant problems that were not addressed. I decided to try the Canary build on another computer yesterday, and was surprised that Hulu would not play back my videos. The video starts, and then I get a RUNUNK13 error code.

I searched the Hulu support pages and could find nothing on that error. I tried their troubleshooting steps, and even contacted support. I did some further troubleshooting based on one of their support pages, https://help.hulu.com/s/article/trouble-watching-on-site?language=en_US, and it said to try an incognito or private window. That did work and my video played, but the agent at Hulu had also did a resynch on my account about the same time. I try it now, and it does not work in a new private window.

My current Canary build is Version 82.0.437.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit) and my current Dev build is Version 82.0.432.3 (Official build) dev (64-bit)

5 Replies

Hi@AnokaBrewer 

Try enabling these flags edge://flags/

fghdgfdh.png

Thanks @HotCakeX 

I appreciate the screenshot as well.

I had mixed results. It worked on one or two videos, but the majority still got a RUNUNK13 error after they started to play.

You're welcome, well I have an idea, try disabling one of them and enabling the other. I don't remember exactly which one should be disabled and which one enabled but try every combination

That worked @HotCakeX 

Saying to try every combination got me to thinking.

I gave it a try, and had the same results with either one enabled and the other set back at default.

I then went in and enabled one, and disabled the other. In this case, Enabling Widevine DRM and Disabling PlayReady DRM for Windows 10 worked.

Nice, happy to hear :)