HUGE BUG in the collection feature!

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I am currently using the "Dev" version of the new chromium edge. I have enjoyed it a lot and I have been using it as my main browser. One of the main things that got me to switch to the new edge was the "Collections Feature", and many others love that feature. However, I had some bugs, firstly, I am unable to send a collection to excel due to the fact that it claims that I'm not signed in to edge???? Even though (in the picture below) It shows that I am signed it. Also, It says "Microsoft Word" which could be a spelling mistake or something... Some people told me to sign in and out, that never worked, some told me to reinstall it. That also never worked, so if anyone has a good suggestion to how I can send fix it that would be amazing!

https://gyazo.com/993ff51484f53c67c6f5092015d07ce4

7 Replies

@xboxking We're glad that you're enjoying the Edge so far! Thanks for letting us know about the bug in Collections with Excel; I'm going to personally touch-base with the folks working on it and will loop back to you if they have any insights. In the meantime, do you know when the issue started, or is this the first time you've tried to export collection?

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

Thanks for taking this feedback,

And yes it is my first time using this feature,

xboxking, Microsoft edge fanboy.

@xboxking Sure thing, we're appreciative of you taking the time to let us know what you're seeing. And good to know!

Fawkes (they/them)

@xboxking I chatted with our engineers and they were unable to reproduce the issue on our end. Can you please update to the latest Dev version (if you haven't yet) and then let us know if you're still encountering that roadblock with Collections?

Thanks

Fawkes (they/them)

Hello,

And yes I have updated to the latest version of Microsoft Edge's "dev" version

@xboxking I haven't encountered(faced) such bug in dev build. I suggest you that you should use windows steps recorder to help reproduce this bug.

@xboxking Thanks for confirming. Since you're still seeing it, can you please submit feedback through the browser? This will give the devs the logs they need to pinpoint the exact roadblock.

Fawkes (they/them)