HP Notebook is supported by Windows 10 I don't think so

Copper Contributor

Hi I just installed The New Microsoft Edge on my HP Notebook, with the assistance of a microsoft support engineer. He was able to log into my HP and do everything himself to help me with my new edge. I'm so clueless when it comes to updating anything, I'm not technical but I love Technology. So everytime I see that theirs something new to download i don't do I call in the experts for windows 10.

My question is I know Microsoft is supported by HP P/C and Labtop the software comes with HP. So after I downloaded this new Edge my HP support Icon showed I had important downloads but when I tried to access HP the Screen said not supported. I'm so confused because it already came with my HP labtop so I just don't know what to do. I need that working because I have all my info of my 2 Labtops on it. Please help

1 Reply

@dalexandre76 Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the Microsoft Edge Insider community! We'd be happy to help you troubleshoot this.

To make sure we aren't missing anything, let's start at the beginning. 

1. Does anything change if you restart your computer?
  2. Are you able to log in normally after restarting?
  3. Do you see the Microsoft Edge icon on your home screen?
  4. If yes to #3, does it look like the Legacy version (left) or the new version (right?)
    fawkes_0-1591654856876.png
  5. If you double click to launch the browser, does it open?
  6. If yes to #5: when in the browser, do you see all of your Favorites when you hold down CTRL+Shift+O?
  7. Did you already try to import your data into newly installed Microsoft Edge? If so, where were you importing it from?

Your answers to that should help us determine where there the sticking point it, and we can go from there!

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge