SOLVED

How to move history/passwords from Dev channel to regular

Copper Contributor

I want to switch to the most stable version of Edge but can't figure out how to move my history, nor my passwords! I essentially exported them but can't find a place to import my passwords.

6 Replies

@sadaf46 

Hi!

Have you logged into your account on Edge? If so, you can directly use the sync function to sync your passwords, favorites, highlights, etc. But for now, Edge does not support synchronized history.

However, if you have exported favorites or bookmarks, you can use the following methods:

1. Click here to import bookmarks批注 2020-04-24 080817.png
  2. Choose where to import data from. (The display of you and me may be different)

批注 2020-04-24 082118.png

• Choose what you want to import.

批注 2020-04-24 082008.png

3、Click here to import bookmarks.

批注 2020-04-24 082424.png

 If you want to use synchronization, see the following steps:

1. Open here:批注 2020-04-24 082816.png
  2. Choose what you want to sync:批注 2020-04-24 083020.png
  3. You only need to wait a moment to synchronize everything currently supported by Edge to another Edge.

I hope this can help you! I wish you a happy life!:smile:

Andy

@Deleted thank you for your suggestions! I'm logged in onto the same account in both browsers and sync is turned on. I also imported my bookmarks from Dev channel to the regular channel, but I still can't find a way to do so with passwords or history, and from what I read it seems this feature doesn't yet exist.

@sadaf46 I'm so happy to see you again! Yes, at present, Edge can't synchronize historical records. But I believe this function will be realized in the near future!

If you want to check the synced password, just click here. If you do n’t see it, you can repeat the password synchronization several times and try to see if you can see it.

批注 2020-04-24 082816.png

best response confirmed by sadaf46 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@sadaf46 

just copy several files from:

AppData\Local\Microsoft\Edge Dev\User Data\Default

to:

AppData\Local\Microsoft\Edge\User Data\Default

History
Login Data

@mindst Thanks a lot! I wasn't sure you can do that, as you could on Chrome.

I can't seem to locate those folders. I only have got "MicrosoftEdge" folder in AppData and it has got two empty folders.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by sadaf46 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@sadaf46 

just copy several files from:

AppData\Local\Microsoft\Edge Dev\User Data\Default

to:

AppData\Local\Microsoft\Edge\User Data\Default

History
Login Data

View solution in original post