How to change IE compatibility mode from IE7 to IE11 in Microsoft Edge?

Copper Contributor

Hello everyone,

I have a legacy application that uses IE compatibility mode from Microsoft Edge then so far so good but the Edge change this setting from IE11 to IE7 and I have IE11 installed in my pc and I want to use IE11 instead IE7 then how can i do that?

Microsoft EdgeVersion 100.0.1185.29 (Official build) (64-bit)

mardendba_0-1649344605175.png

Thanks.

7 Replies

@marden_dba 

1. Open your web page in Internet Explorer mode within Edge

2. Press Windows Key + R

3. Enter %systemroot%\system32\f12\IEChooser.exe and click Ok to run

4. Select your page detected in IE mode

5. In the Developer Tools window that just opened, click to the "Emulation" tab

6. Here you can change the "Document Mode" between 11, 10, 9, 8, etc. 

@tms00 

Hi, it's not working I've followed the step by step and chose the IE 11 save and restarted the Edge and when I open the application the IE compatibility is set to IE 7, why microsoft makes this too hidden and dificult to dealing with? is it not more easy to let me choose in Edge what version I desire when I click in IE compatibility button?

@marden_dba Hi, any updates on this...? I have the same issue. A different page opens in IE11 but the other one in IE7 mode :(

@tms00   thank you, perfect it worked for me 

followed the steps 

1. Open your web page in Internet Explorer mode within Edge

2. Press Windows Key + R

3. Enter %systemroot%\system32\f12\IEChooser.exe and click Ok to run

4. Select your page detected in IE mode

5. In the Developer Tools window that just opened, click to the "Emulation" tab

6. Here you can change the "Document Mode" between 11, 10, 9, 8, etc. 

If you run f12 (IEChooser.exe) you will need to run with f12 running in the background. Currently Edge does not retain the Emulation mode by itself and defaults unless the HTML header is edited to force IE11.
So you will need to open the page, let it fail then open IEChooser.exe select the IE mode to IE11 and minimise the window when you change to IE11 it should reload the page. If you select Persistent settings it will revert to IE11 every time you open f12 (IEChooser).

@Groomtel doesn't that "persistent emulation settings" button save it?

@marden_dba Few things that you can check. 

• Check if the URL is added to the compatibility mode. 
  • If no, Then remove uncheck the options thats says "Display Intranet Sites in Compatibility View".
  • If you can do this have the site removed from the compatibility view.  https://gpsearch.azurewebsites.net/#1804 you can follow this group policy as well to check the registry.   
  • If you have configured the enterprise sitelist in your environment the change has to be made there or you can just remove the site from the enterprise sitelist.