SOLVED

How much more time will it take to resolve a minimal UI issue in Immersive Reader

Silver Contributor

I had reported a UI issue in the Immersive Reader that the upper part of the scrollbar and the scroll up button is not seen when the top bar is unpinned as shown in the picture through the in-app feedback tool in Microsoft Edge in February. Since then, I have sent four feedbacks about the same issue. I didn't get a reply for the first three but did get it for the last one on 5 May that they are working on it but it is still not resolved after 6 months of reporting it. So, my question is

How many more months will it take to resolve such a small UI issue?

Top part of the scrollbar and scroll up button is not seen and usable when the top bar of the immersive reader is unpinned.Top part of the scrollbar and scroll up button is not seen and usable when the top bar of the immersive reader is unpinned.

3 Replies

@TheShaunSaw Thanks for following-up on this. I see that we currently have an open bug for this, so I asked the feature owner for a status update. I'll let you know if they have any news!

Fawkes (they/them)
Program Manager & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

Hey @Deleted
I am sorry that I did not update here, I have got reply from @josh_bodner in the dev channel update to 85.0.564.8 post about this issue that:
"The bug's still on our backlog, but it's honestly very low priority since it's got a pretty easy workaround to just wait until the bar goes away, so unless a lot more people complain about this, it will probably still be a while until it gets fixed."

Thank you very much for showing concerns.
best response confirmed by TheShaunSaw (Silver Contributor)
Microsoft Verified Best Answer
Solution

Hey @TheShaunSaw ,

Building on the reply you received from Josh. 

There is a recent change we made which would make the problem less acute. By default the toolbar would be pinned. Which means it would not interfere with the scroll bar top. 

While it does not address the problem completely as you may experience it again when the toolbar is unpinned. It does reduce the chances a user would run into this issue.

Thank you.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by TheShaunSaw (Silver Contributor)
Microsoft Verified Best Answer
Solution

Hey @TheShaunSaw ,

Building on the reply you received from Josh. 

There is a recent change we made which would make the problem less acute. By default the toolbar would be pinned. Which means it would not interfere with the scroll bar top. 

While it does not address the problem completely as you may experience it again when the toolbar is unpinned. It does reduce the chances a user would run into this issue.

Thank you.

View solution in original post