How do I sync, save or export the settings unter "Address bar search engines"

Copper Contributor

Hi all,
I have a lot of individual entries in the "Address bar search engines".
After a fresh install they all were gone and I ask me, how to export / import them or want to give here feature request to sync them with my profile.
Thanks a lot,
Bernd

3 Replies
Hi there,

Feature request that is, because there is currently no way to do that except for manually copying each string and saving in notepad.
they are supposed to be synced with other settings but currently the Settings sync only covers the new tab page customizations and no other modifications

@BerndBauer Hoping to bump this issue, as I assumed that settings sync covered my search engines too, until I moved to a new device and lost them all. I use this feature a lot to look up programming documentation, and I'd love to see it added :smiling_face_with_smiling_eyes:

@rensa_co 

@rensa_co wrote:

@BerndBauer Hoping to bump this issue, as I assumed that settings sync covered my search engines too, until I moved to a new device and lost them all. I use this feature a lot to look up programming documentation, and I'd love to see it added :smiling_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Hi,

the best way and the recommended method (by Edge developers) is to send feedbacks and suggestions through the feedback button on Edge (shortcuts: Alt + Shift + i)

that's the Only way feedbacks/bugs etc. are properly registered and tracked.