How do I change my news feed settings, or turn off my news feed on Android Tablet?

Brass Contributor

This did not work on Tablet

On your Android phone:

1. Tap the menu … > Settings > New tab page
  2. Select region and language, or toggle Show my news feed off, or change your news source

The way on Phone is also not this way. But I can toggle off via "Seitenlayout".

In the Tablet Version missing Side Layout (Seitenlayout in German Version) 

9 Replies

@Seewolfpk Thanks for reaching out. We're sorry to hear that you're encountering some trouble with the newsfeed on your tablet.

To confirm, where did you see these instructions? It looks like they might be outdated, and we want to be able to direct you to the right resources.

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

Thank you @Deleted 

I say that the info is old. I found in Internet.

But 

I can toggle off via "page layout".

In the Tablet Version missing Side Layout (Seitenlayout in German Version) 

Please tell me how it work in Tablet Version. I have now Version 45.02.2.4931 an on phone it is 45.02.4.4931 Version .On Phone I have the menue for layout. In tablet I did not find it. Also I love the Menue in the downcorner of my phone. In tablet I miss this.

@Seewolfpk Thanks for the additional context, that helped! My suspicion is that the functionality hasn't been rolled out to tablets at this point, but I'll reach out to the Android team to confirm and let you know if they have any insights.

Fawkes (they/them)

@Deleted  Nothing happens. Will Microsoft not allow to delete the News (Spam :) )

In Phone Version it is possible. In Tablet Version not. 

Why Tablet Version did not have the same Option as Phone?

I did not understand and can`t accept! 

@Seewolfpk At this point, you may still see some discrepancies in the UI between tablets and phones. The Android team is working on minimizing these differences, but if there's one particular that's the most important for you, please let them know through in-browser feedback!

Fawkes (they/them)

I have the same problem on new edge on android

Can you help me?

Thank you in advance

@Deleted 

I'm using Microsoft Edge for Android v45.09.4.5078. Unfortunately, I'm only seeing "Select region and language" option in New Tab Page setting. So the option you're refering is outdated.

In case, to hide news feed from Microsoft Edge for Android, the ways is to hide Feed from New Tab Page. Intereseted users can acheive this thing by doing this:

1. Launch Microsoft Edge.
2. Tap Customize icon available on the upper right corner.
3. From menu, tab Custom
4. Turn of Show feeds.

Doing this will hide Feeds and Personalize section from the New Tab Page and so do that News.
Reference: https://geekermag.com/remove-news-feeds-in-edge/

@vineydhiman 

Thank you.
God and Mother of God bless you

Is this Constitutional republic republic a techno feuldalist fiefdom or banana republic already? You people censor true news but push on people channels like CNN many Americans wanf off...FIND A WAY TO ALLOW PEOPLE TO GET RID  OF FROM THEIR TABLET's NEWSFEED NEWS FROM CABLE CHANNELS , LIKE CNN, THAT THEY DON'T WANT@vineydhiman