Hovering tool tip

Silver Contributor

Mouse hovering tool tip on tabs not working at all and showing blank/empty popup boxes when hovering on links.... in Canary "Version 79.0.293.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)"

Hovering tool tip.jpg

Anyone else having this problem?

Dennis5mile

13 Replies
Hi,
When I hold my mouse cursor over your name or the name of the users from the right side panel in this page "Related Conversations", their profile information is shown correctly,
do you have the problem only in this forum website?
Thanks for checking it out... this seems to be intermittent.. I've sent in a Mr. Smiley on it while it was not working. I can hover on your profile and sometimes it comes in and sometimes it does not, it is blank.... Very interesting.... hhmm, wonder if it is a side effect from the tab hover card flag as it did not start till I enabled it.... Off to the hunt....

Dennis5mile
Ok, Changed the flag "tab hover cards" to default and all worked as it should, changed "tab hover cards to enabled and all is working as it should, So not sure what happened, but seems to be working correctly again.... hiccupppppp.......

Dennis5mile
Ahh, maybe it's the forum acting up! could be possible

@Dennis5mile Not working at all for me in same canary version, no tooltip on hovering, neither on tabs nor on links. This happening on all websites, not just this forum. Switching the flag to enabled/default also not helping.

@Deleted Yes, I commented about that in another forum, it's a Chromium bug, in fact, if you install Chrome Dev, you will notice that the bug is also present in that version, In Chrome Canary the bug was present for several days.

I'm on Version 79.0.294.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit) and I can't reproduce this bug, either in the main discussion page or in topic pages, the profile information of the users load normally for me.
is there any other websites that have this problem?
All hovering tool tips work for me now. Not getting any failures....

Dennis5mile
Nice, another problem solved :)

@Dennis5mile 

The bug is still present (maybe not for everyone), no tooltips at all:

no tooltips.gif

As I said, in Chrome Canary the bug lasted several days, we will see if they fix it soon in Edge Canary.

And yes, I already tried all possible solutions (as I did when the bug appeared in Chrome Canary).

@Deleted Thanks for the heads up.

"Thank you @zealousmensch, I am also able to reproduce this issue on the latest Canary build.  This is a known issue that has come in from upstream Chromium."

As I said, it's a Chromium bug.

I can repro this on not only tabs but in icons in the browser chrome.

I have disabled tab hover cards as when I hover over a tab I want to see the full tab title.

I still have user profile cards on hover in the techcommunity forum but that's a custom implementation

Speaking of tooltips, I don't get why Aura tooltips were made. I'd rather MS just call the File Explorer tooltips which can be dark.