SOLVED

Hong Kong mandatory ?

This thread has been locked for new comments by a moderator, if you have a new similar issue then please start a new thread.
Steel Contributor

Hello i want to know why when we block all ip from hongkong, edge become unable to update itself (i have tried 6 time to 3 differents version.

When i forbit my network to access to : Australia, Bélarus, China, Hong Long, Irak, Iran, Russia, and Turquie and start my laptop (who havent been connected at least during 2 hours).

When i go to help page after a veeeery long time it tell me i don't have internet (but everything work only the update tell me i don't have internet).

After that if i unlock hong kong, 3 seconds later the update work again.

Since i don't really trust china (and hong kong is slowly become like china (thanks to the corrup... hong kong governement)), i really whant to ban them without having to choose between edge update and this.

Thanks for any help.

2 Replies
I have reposted it since a user have forced their ideology in this thread so for simplicity i ask to the moderator who will read this post to simply remove all of it since my question is asked on other post and it will simplify the moderation
best response confirmed by Wittycat (Steel Contributor)
Solution

Hello, 

Due to how this conversation has shifted into content prohibited by our Code of Conduct and off-topic discussion, I've removed the comments to this thread and locked it for further comments. 
I've forwarded your ask to the product team and decided this question would get the most support on our Insiders Support page. 

Cheers,
Dylan
Lead Community Manager

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Wittycat (Steel Contributor)
Solution

Hello, 

Due to how this conversation has shifted into content prohibited by our Code of Conduct and off-topic discussion, I've removed the comments to this thread and locked it for further comments. 
I've forwarded your ask to the product team and decided this question would get the most support on our Insiders Support page. 

Cheers,
Dylan
Lead Community Manager

View solution in original post