History sync is available on Edge for Android!

Bronze Contributor

Hey there,

Couple of days back I shared that Open Tabs sync was available on phone. Now I am so happy to share that the History sync is available on phone as well.

Here is the snip where it is enabled in Settings (beta build):

Notice the History sync toggleNotice the History sync toggle

The sync is quick and pops up immediately on other devices. After this, we just need the Payment info sync to be made available on Android for the sync to be complete. And with sync coming to Stable channel and soon to Linux, Edge will truly be a cross platform browser! :stareyes:

3 Replies

@Rohit Yadav 

And it's a controlled feature rollout

Spoiler
fdfd.jpg

fdfsf.jpg

latest version Beta 

And with sync coming to Stable channel and soon to Linux, Edge will truly be a cross platform browser! :stareyes:

even if they add the whole world to the sync but still stay on old Chromium 77, nothing significant will change.

I keep reading about new features and improvements in Chrome Android in each version of their browser while Edge is missing all of that.

I do hope they roll out the Chromium updates sooner, because it is required more urgently than the new features. Their were some features like Syncing that were required on priority, so they can now work on the Chromium updates.

The important ones are already enabled, favorites and passwords, I don't think history and open tabs sync are as important as the missing security features and improvements in Edge mobile.
in a year, Chromium gets lots of improvements.