SOLVED

History and Google Translator

Deleted
Not applicable

When I use the Google Translator website in Edge Canary or in the Stable version, even for a few seconds, the history stores literally the same address hundreds of times over and over ... I don't know if it's a bug ... Anyway, I thought it was prudent to report this.

LazieWouters_0-1605561122329.png

2 Replies
@Deleted You can report it to the team directly (Alt+Shift+I)
best response
Solution
It's not a bug. I just tested it on Version 88.0.702.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)
that's just how Google translate website works, each word you type in there causes the address web address to change, thus Edge saves it in web history, which is what it's supposed to do.

when I open each of those history entries in new tabs, they all point to different words and letters in Google translate.

it's working as expected.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response
Solution
It's not a bug. I just tested it on Version 88.0.702.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)
that's just how Google translate website works, each word you type in there causes the address web address to change, thus Edge saves it in web history, which is what it's supposed to do.

when I open each of those history entries in new tabs, they all point to different words and letters in Google translate.

it's working as expected.

View solution in original post