Hide/show toggle for the address bar

Brass Contributor

I think it would be cool if we were able to hide/show the address bar by clicking on the active tab (or by some other means).

This would also match the UI of the Office applications, where you can click on the ribbon tab to collapse and expand the ribbon. Just like in the Office, we sometimes like to have more space to us while browsing. Being able to do this by clicking on the active tab would be a true match, but any other way is also welcome for me.

Thanks, and bye!

3 Replies

@utkangezer 

Hello,

that sounds good, may I suggest you try something else first? (if you haven't already of course). 

it's called focus mode

you can use this flag called "focus mode" to enable it

Annotation 2019-10-05 112038.png

and it makes your address bar disappear like this:

Annotation 2019-10-05 112110.png

It won't reload your website, just replaces the UI, you can easily go back to the normal view again without website reload nor refresh.

it also changes the Taskbar Icon to the website's favicon

Annotation 2019-10-05 112541.png

thought it's a work in progress, just like the browser itself, so please report any bugs related to it if you want, thanks!

@HotCakeX 

Thank you, I like it. I will be using this occasionally.

For anybody who wants to use the focus mode, after enabling it from edge://flags/#focus-mode and restarting your browser; the focus mode is enabled for a tab from its right click menu on the tab bar.

Within focus mode, the address bar is lost altogether, unfortunately. I hoped that it would temporarily re-appear with Ctrl+L. It doesn't. Better than nothing, though.

Thanks again, and bye!

You're welcome, yes a minimal address bar would be ideal