Hidden Sites in Edge

Copper Contributor

why is it that MS Edge keeps showing articles from sites I have chosen to hide? For example, fox news keep able to show items, despite the fact that I've not only hidden that site, but also it shows up on the list as one of the hidden sites. And  yet, every time I go to my feed, I see items from that site. The same applies to some sports sites I've hidden. If Edge is going to offer the option of letting us choose our feed, then they should honor our choices. This has been the singlemost reason I am considering abandoning Edge.

3 Replies
Hi,
Which channel of Edge are you using?

@Reggie777 Thanks for reaching out. We're sorry to hear that the MSN experience isn't working as intended! I'll pass this on to our New Tab Page team, but can you also please submit feedback through the browser if you haven't yet?

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

@Reggie777 After following up with the team they wanted to know:

• Are you signed into the browser?
  • Are you intentionally clearing cookies?
  • If you're comfortable, can you send some screenshots? (You can either post that here or use the feedback button, just reply to confirm that you've done it)

Also, we just want to clarify that hiding publishers only hides them from the news content on the default homepage and new tab page, not content across other web pages.

Thanks,

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge