Hidden Keyboard Shortcuts on Right-Click Menu Lead to Deleted Favorites

Copper Contributor

Hey, noticed a bug / problem. When you have the favorites toolbar enabled, right-clicking an item will bring up a menu with the normal options. Some keyboard shortcuts are shown:

image.png

However, individual key presses while this menu is open will engage certain options, despite no UI elements indicating this.

For example, if you right-click a folder or link as shown above and hit "N", it will activate the "Open in a new window" option.

You might expect "T" to open in a new tab, but instead it deletes the favorite / favorites folder.

If the letter was underlined and bolded ("Delete") to give some kind of UI hint, that would be nice. As-is, a key press might accidentally delete the folder. There's no obvious way to restore a deleted item except by finding the relevant AppData folder and replacing the Bookmarks file with the Bookmarks.bak file.

Disabling these keyboard shortcuts or making there be some UI hint would be nice, as would having some option to recover deleted bookmarks.

2 Replies

IHi @LukeBrunda, thank you for bringing this to our attention.  I have reached out to our user interface team to ask them what the state of the shortcut key marking is.  I wouldn't be surprised that there is already a task to get these in, but that it was postponed to make sure that we had ironed out all of the text changes first.  Thanks - Elliot

@Elliot Kirk 

I also think it would be helpful to have a keyboard shortcut for duplicate tab, maybe Ctrl Alt D.