Hey Everyone! Let's share our Blocked trackers list to see which tracker company is the most Evil :)

MVP

When deciding to participate, please post a picture of your blocked trackers list (like the pic below) and if you can specify these 3 details:

• Your Edge insider channel
  • How long tracking prevention has been turned on
  • Which tracking prevention option you chose between Basic - Balanced - Strict

Thank you!

Here goes mine:

AddThis on the top!

Annotation 2019-10-04 224129.png

1. I'm using Canary channel

2. tracking prevention has been turned on for only 24 hours (yesterday reinstalled my Windows insider)

3. I've only been using Balanced mode.

1400 trackers in 24 hours! 70% of those websites listed up there I never even visited! :facepalm:

now Who's next ^^

16 Replies

@HotCakeX 

Hey there! Nice survey.

Annotation 2019-10-05 112512.png

• Canary channel
  • tracking prevention has been turned on from as soon as it was available 
  • Strict mode

90% of those websites never visited (especially Facebook - even do not have account :suprised: ). Sometimes I clear data for comparison.

Nice results indeed!
It's interesting that "Addthis" is not in your top 10 list of the trackers, but Google is at top.

Facebook yeah xD it's everywhere.

Maybe it's because I use tracking prevention in conjunction with ublock origins so my data is not entirely pure x)

@HotCakeX 

I posted this info in another thread over Here  this past Wednesday ...

I've been using this on "Strict mode" since day one when it was first available a/b..

Version 79.0.294.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)

I get amazed as to what gets blocked, especially since I've never visited most of what is listed in the blocked trackers section... see below photos...  in order from top of page to bottom.. sooo many sites blocked... 

blocked trackers.jpg

blocked trackers 2.jpg

blocked trackers 3.jpg

That's a lot of trackers and there are a total of 5 sites on this list that I have been on...  
AddThis I use to post from one website to facebook

Facebook

Twitter

Amazon

Publishers Clearing House

The rest of them, I've not been on...  

Amazing!

Tracking Prevention is Working!

Todays numbers are Tracking prevention blocked 7,082 trackers

Google  3,071

Dennis5mile

Good stuff, I will turn off my ublock origin and set it to strict mode too. my guess is "Google" tracker will be on top of my list as well

@HotCakeX 

My results are with both Ghostery (all options On) and Adguard (almost everything enabled except 3-4 options (mostly concerning Web RTC, which if enabled do completely break sites)). So I think it is not good idea to switch off uBlock and stay only with embedded strict rules alone:cool:

@Joshua1605 

Good point,

Edge insider has the same WebRTC local IP leak prevention in it in the flags

Annotation 2019-10-06 142705.png

Here is the ublock origins settings that I have been using for a long time and they are non breaking

Annotation 2019-10-06 142723.png

using all of the filters as well, without slowing down my computer or any bad side effects :)

@HotCakeX 

Thanks a lot! before I tried to locate same option in Edge but surely overlooked it somehow. In other browsers there is absolutely same setting. And yes, in ublock if this setting enabled all goes smoothly. But in Adguard WebRTC if enabled break sites. At least for me. I also use ublock with other browsers. But decided to give a chance for Adguard on Edge. Again thanks for pointing me this setting :handshake:.

@HotCakeX 

Annotation 2019-10-05 160302.jpg

1. I'm using Edge Canary

2. I've been using tracking prevention since it came out. It's been a while but I haven't really used Edge much. 

3. I'm using balanced mode

I really need to use Edge more! I use Nano Defender by the way. I don't know if it'd impact the blocked trackers list :\

HA! Techcommunity auto-saved my reply! :D

Looks like your 3rd party ad blocker got most of them which is good ;)
Yup,
but i will definitely try Nano Defender as well,
went to their website and read Interesting thing there
"An anti-adblock defuser for Nano Adblocker and uBlock Origin"

https://jspenguin2017.github.io/uBlockProtector/

there are some websites that incorporate some sort of ad blocker detector. so like if you visit them with your ad blocker on, they warn you to first turn it off and then access the website, if you don't do that you won't be able to see the content. this is where anti adblocker comes into play. I can definitely use one ^^