02-23-2020 04:51 AM
02-23-2020 06:41 AM
Let's see what's going on in the browser that is using so much CPU. I have the same Edge version and it's not happening to me.
02-23-2020 06:47 AM
02-23-2020 06:52 AM - edited 02-23-2020 06:53 AM
1. no i dont face when i start edge without opening any websites
2. actually yap actually i found out now
3. ryzen 3 2200g
corsair vengence lpx 16gb ddr4 2400mhz ram
zotac gtx 1050ti oc edition
windows 10 version 1909 (os built 18363.592) @HotCakeX
02-23-2020 07:02 AM
02-25-2020 12:09 PM
Oh other browsers are having the same problem only with Facebook?
hmm that's interesting.
couple of things come to my mind:
1. your AV program is scanning the secure Facebook connections and for some reason it is causing high CPU usage.
2. something installed in your computer is causing the high CPU usage.
3. maybe depending on what you are doing in Facebook, your high CPU usage is normal. for example if you are playing games or viewing lots of videos, pics etc.
btw which other browsers did you try?
02-25-2020 12:27 PM - edited 02-25-2020 12:29 PM
But what if you reinstall your Windows, in the first few days everything work ok and then suddenly the problem returns?
you can try one last thing, install Kaspersky security cloud free, set the scanning level to maximum and scan your entire computer once, see if it detects anything, it's worth the try
p.s update it first before doing the scan