Group Policy Plans?

Copper Contributor

What are the plans for this version of Edge when it comes to group policy. Chromium already has it's own ADMX templates so will this adopt those or will it eventually respect the current Microsoft Edge policy settings?

4 Replies
I concur, I'd like to know. We have just deployed Edge Insider to our fleet because our people want to try it out against the websites they use all the time. It's about 100 or so desktops & laptops.

@Dreigo42 @LyonAdmiral 

There are no for sure answers when it comes to preview builds.

But we do "plan" on having a enterprise version of the new Microsoft Edge in the future that will "probably" handle the features you are asking about and much more.

We are still in the preview builds, so it might be awhile before there will be more definite answers for you.

Thanks for your patience,

Frank 

@V-FRROME 

With the introduction of the new ADMX files, the group policy front looks really promising. I would have one suggestion. The ability to apply policies to only certain browser profiles. The previous Edge never had different browser profiles so it would be really cool if you could apply different policies to different profiles. Say to only allow X site to open in a pre-configured "Secure" profile where specific policies are applied. Or in the opposite direction, allow my users to have a "Personal" profile where they're restricted from accessing company resources but can otherwise be less restricted. 

@Dreigo42 

This would be a neat policy feature. I'm not an expert on group policy, but this would probably require a personal profile for something like this in the future, where you could control what you would allow to Sync also.

We appreciate the feedback.

Thanks, Frank