GPO requested: Suppress the "We've signed you in" prompt on first use

Iron Contributor

Currently when Edge is launched for the first time there is a pop-up that says "We've signed you in". I would like to be able to suppress this. In an Enterprise the users don't need to be told they are signed in as it will be forced/not optional.

Thanks!

26 Replies

@kqf_chris Thanks for reaching out; that's a great point. I'll ask our Enterprise team and let you know if they have any insights to share.

Fawkes (they/them)
Program Manager & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

@kqf_chris Good news: it sounds like you can easily disable that. If you enable the "hide FRE" policy along with either disabling sync or forcing sync, this popup will also be disabled. Hopefully that helps!

Fawkes (they/them)

@Deleted 

I have the following set, but still get the "We've signed you in" prompt on first use:

• Disable synchronization of data using Microsoft sync services: Disabled
  • Configure whether a user always has a default profile automatically signed in with their work or school account: Enabled
  • Hide the First-run experience and splash screen: Enabled
  • Browser sign-in settings: Enabled, Force users to sign-in to use the browser

Also looking for a way to suppress this.

@Deleted

I have Hide FRE set already with "Configure whether a user always has a default profile automatically signed in..." (not force sync because it doesn't exist yet). This window is the only one that pops up. Can you have someone take a look at this behavior? Thanks for your help!

@mrbrown38 

It DOES supress the message if I set

• Browser sign-in settings: Enabled, Disable browser sign-in (vs forced sign-in).

My end goal is for the sign-in to be forced, but suppress the message that they've been signed in. While we aren't syncing with Azure currently, the goal will be to in the future.

@mrbrown38 

Exactly where I'm at. IT department has sync as we are the guinea pigs. Before that it was disabled -- no prompt obviously.

@kqf_chris and @mrbrown38 I followed up with the team and got some clarification. You were correct; it sounds like this policy isn't fully rolled out yet, so stay tuned for that in the near future!

Fawkes (they/them)

Hello @Deleted 

Does it mean, that in near future there will be a policy which will basically force users to sync. 

For us it would be really great as this way we don't need to care for backing up users bookmarks and so on.

Exactly. We still get call to the ServiceDesk with users who want to be helped with that since the y don't understand the FRE.

@mrbrown38 

• Hide the First-run experience and splash screen: Enabled,
  • Above that Disable synchronization of data using Microsoft sync services: Make it Enabled
  • This is required foe Windows 8 Systems, Since that functionality may not be there.
  • This setting is not required for windows 10, Hide the First-run experience and splash screen is enough.

@Deleted 

We are trying to implement the On-premise sync and will need to suppress this prompt.

The prompt is confusing for users because it states "Sync isn't available for this account," yet the reason we are forcing AD automatic sign-in is to support the On-premise sync.

We expect this would drive a number of support calls requiring explaining to users that, indeed, their bookmarks will be synced.

Following this thread.  I too would love to suppress this message.  We're starting to test the on-premise sync.

Any progress on this?

We are also wanting to inpliment syncronisation on premise but that window is very counter-intuative, we dont want to show that screen and whats even worse is that the information is wrong as it says syncronization is not avaiable, where it in fact is what we are indeed enableing for our users, 

@Deleted  Hi did you get any insight into when this might be fully implemented ? Thanks 

@Deleted Bump for an update on this. Still blocking me from broad deployment and it sounds like many other customer as well.

Microsoft Verified Best Answer

@kqf_chris @mahahava @Jeffrey_Fronius Good news, I just heard back from the team. "The ForceSync policy is available in Microsoft Edge 86 and onwards. Please refer to this documentation for details."

Hopefully that's helpful!

Fawkes (they/them)

@Deleted 

Great!  I'll test with stable 86.

@Deleted 

REVISING to make troubleshooting easier:

I am testing this with Edge 86 Beta 86.0.622.19 and Dev 87.0.644.4 and it is not working on Windows 10 LTSB/1607. I tested on LTSC and up and it works fine.

I have these policies enabled:

Force synchronization of browser data and do not show the sync consent prompt -- Enabled
Hide the First-run experience and splash screen -- Enabled

The person icon in the upper right says "Sign in". Click it says "We've detected this account on your device and we need to verify it before you can complete sign in, and set up sync."

So, I go to edge://sync-internals and I see this under Summary:

Transport State: Disabled

Disable Reasons: Account type not supported

What does that mean? I am testing with an E3 account. Any help for LTSB?

@kqf_chris Thanks for the details; I've passed this along to the Enterprise team and will let you know if/when they have any insights!

Fawkes (they/them)