Google Toolbar

Copper Contributor

I just installed  this Windows Edge Beta browser cos  IE11 is no longer being supported to use with my Windows 7.

Will I be able to use the Google Toolbar? Can I install the google toolbar with this edge beta?

5 Replies

@acemorgan 

Hi,
Toolbars are no longer supported in Edge browsers.
the new Edge has a different user interface.

@HotCakeX   What about the Microsoft Security Essentials. Can I still use it?

will I have to download it again or add it on to the Edge beta?

First of all you better switch to Windows 10 because very soon Windows 7 is no longer going to receive update.

once you do that, everything will be easier, Microsoft Security Essentials is called Windows Defender and it's inside Windows 10 by default, you don't have to do any extra steps.
on Windows 10, Windows defender and Edge insider are working together by default to make everything secure.

@HotCakeX 

I'm still enjoying windows 7 & like to keep using it. Windows 10 seems to complicated & difficult for me to get acustomed to it. I prefer windows 7.

Is there a status bar & a menu bar i can use for this windows edge beta?

is it possible to have a drop down list of the places in been to in the url section so i don't have to keep typing them in? When you click on to the windows Edge can you go straight to your home page without having to go to the microsoft site at first?

Of course, I totally understand, but the thing is Windows 7 is not going to receive further updates after January 2020..so I'm worried about security and other issues that might happen..
Yes there are status bar, there is menu button that is the same as Google Chrome and it's on the top right side of the UI.

Yes you can do that, put them all in a folder and you will get a drop down list. there is also another feature named Collections that offer a similar but richer experience than favorites/bookmarks.

"When you click on to the windows Edge can you go straight to your home page without having to go to the microsoft site at first?"

Yes you can.
you can set default page for when Edge opens at first and then you can set which URL is opened when you press Home button on the browser UI.