Nov 03 2021
- "No matter how I try, I find my way into the same old jam" - Led Zeppelin
Yeah, the Brass Shining Edge Monument's new incarnation - never ending story, smashing hit from MS, but hugely hype squared.
Tell me straight:
* How am I to export Collections to my LibreOffice or OpenOffice Writer or Calc?
* How come you show yourselves all smiles offering Edge for Linux knowing that we do prefer LibreOffice?
* How come you overlooked this issue? I do not give a **bleep** to MS Office (Word & Excel), it's not working in GNU/Linux systems.
* How am I to exchange data/bookmarks easily between Tab Groups, Collections, Favorites and Workspaces?
* How am I to backup up those containers?
* Where are those containers' menus unification, simplification and versatility updates?
* Do you know answers to these issues? No!
* Me and others requested improvements, we asked for changes - some showing where and providing screenshots - and what then? Nothing!
* Why the Edge is so gleefully hyped when it's a mere pathetic patchwork? Wake up guys!
* It appeared with the new update that you see mainly corporate users (no wonder, MS rules), but what about Edge mundane usability for us, common users?
* How long the state of the junk heap will go on?
The Edge for Linux - derision with smiling faces. Yeah, always keep smiling guys. Facing junk, too.
P.S. The Edge apps and tab groups are real undiscovered (yet?) jewels. But else? Entombed or encapsulated in Microsoft vapors patchwork and offered to GNU/Linux world. Shamelessly.
Regards--MS Edge Dev 97.0.1060.2-1 » 2 profiles -> 2 windows / Tab Groups + Apps, Collections removedDebian Bullseye GNU/Linux 5.10.70-1, X.org 1.20.11, IceWM 2.1.2Nvidia GeForce GTX 650, Driver 460.91.03, systemd 247 (247.3-6)