font too thin

Brass Contributor

Had a quick try for the new Edge and immediately noticed the fonts for the tab labels and Favorites are too thin. The old Edge (based on edgeHTML) is eye pleasant. My machine is a Lenovo Yoga 900 with a screen resolution of 3200x1800.

Hope this can be improved.

7 Replies
Hi,
which Edge insider channel did you try?
you can modify font settings in here: edge://settings/fonts

@HotCakeXThank you. I think both the beta and Cancary version have the same problem. My concern was not about how to change the global setting of font type and size etc., I was talking about the font used for tab titles and favorites/bookmark. If you launch the new Edge and the classic Edge side by side, and you'll noticed the difference I mentioned.

I haven't compared the default font settings for the new Edge with the ones for the classic Edge, and I am not sure if there is any difference that may cause the problem I noticed.

The comparison

sdf.png

dsd.png

I think it looks like that because the Edge classic has darker tab background

@HotCakeXhere are my screenshots:

Yeah on light theme and Chinese characters it looks thin
Take a look at my old thread (I mistakenly deleted my community account, lol): https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Discussions/Improve-font-rendering-to-be-on-par-with-Firefox-...
All Chromium based browsers and applications using Electron suffer from fonts that are too thin on Windows.

@relu84agree.