SOLVED

[Fixed] The Downloads Page in Edge Canary Version 76.0.175.0 Shows Hard Drive Icons For Every File.

Deleted
Not applicable

UPDATE (June 9, 2019): This bug has been fixed as of Edge Canary version 76.0.183.0.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm currently using Edge Canary version 76.0.175.0. 

I recently discovered a bug in the Downloads page which prevents showing file icons of the downloaded files, and instead just shows the hard drive icon.

Here's an example:Bug in Downloads pageBug in Downloads page

Here's how it shows on Google Chrome:Chrome.png

As far as I remember, Edge's implementation also used to be like Chrome a while ago: showing the correct icon of the file instead of a default icon, which in this case, is a hard drive. So, this is definitely a bug.

I have also reported this problem through the smiley face in the browser. I hope it gets fixed soon!

8 Replies

@Deleted Same problem here Version 76.0.176.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)

Thanks

Thanks for the confirmation! I hope they fix it soon!
best response
Solution

@Deleted, thank you for your feedback.  We have a high priority bug on this and it should be fixed and in Canary soon.

Thank you very much for the information! I'm glad you acknowledged this report.

@Elliot Kirk Just want to confirm that this issue still exists as of version 76.0.182.0, as well.

@Elliot Kirk This bug has been fixed as of Edge Canary version 76.0.183.0. Thanks a lot for your help!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response
Solution

@Deleted, thank you for your feedback.  We have a high priority bug on this and it should be fixed and in Canary soon.

View solution in original post