SOLVED

[FIXED] Edge insider crashing when clearing all browser data

MVP

Edge insider Version 81.0.370.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)

in edge://settings/clearBrowserData

when I select all checkboxes and set time range to all time, to remove everything, after clicking on "clear now" button, Edge crashes.

tried this 3 times in a row and same crash happened.

Windows 10 latest version.

10 Replies
This is still happening in Version 81.0.375.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)
setting time range to "last hour" also crashed the browser.

@HotCakeX Thanks for the update; we're sorry to hear that you're still experiencing crashes with that. If you haven't yet, can you please submit a report? (The devs should be receiving all the crash logs, but it's  good to have as much info as possible when performance is compromised.)

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

Hi,
of course, I checked edge:crashes and the reports were sent automatically but i'll send a feedback too, thank you
Yep, I've been having this same issue and I do not have all the check boxes selected only 3 of them, but I get the same results as you @HotCakeX . As soon as I hit the "Clear Now" button, poof Edge crashes to desktop......

Dennis5mile

@Dennis5mile Thanks for your additional input. I'll do my best to escalate this, so it would be great if you can submit a report too.

Fawkes (they/them)

@HotCakeX Same here, with the latest Canary (81.0.375.0) also having the problem.

@enigmaxg2 @Dennis5mile @HotCakeX Thank you all for the feedback; we've brought this to our engineers' attention and they will be investigating it promptly.

Fawkes (they/them)

This is so strange, because out of no where with no changes made by me, Can is working super good like it always did before... no "not responding" and no "taking forever to load any sites".... Really Strange....

Dennis5mile
best response confirmed by HotCakeX (MVP)
Solution
Fixed in Version 81.0.380.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by HotCakeX (MVP)
Solution
Fixed in Version 81.0.380.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)

View solution in original post