[FIXED] Edge insider Canary Not working anymore. opens all websites in WDAG Application Guard Window

MVP

UPDATE: Fixed in Edge insider Version 79.0.294.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)

I just updated my Edge insider Canary to Version 79.0.292.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)

and After that, when I type in something in the omnibox or click on any bookmark, the browser launches the Windows Defender Application Guard window and attempts to open that websites in there.

I said attempt because It tries and fails with this error:

Annotation 2019-10-03 010530.png

I'm on Windows 10 fast ring build 18990. tried restarting computer and disabling all extensions but still no luck. whatever this last update had triggered this problem. so right now Edge insider canary is literally dead and I'm posting this with Edge classic.

@Elliot Kirk 

anyone else experiencing this?

31 Replies

@HotCakeX  - I can confirm both that Canary build 293 functions and WDAG cannot access the web. I am replying in Canary build 293 without any issues..."yet"...

While the new build fixes this issue, tabbed browsing is completely broken. I cannot modify text in the omnibox (though I can type in it if it's empty) and clicking on a tab closes it.
Its function now new build of edge canary wdag don't cause problems anytime soon after Microsoft releases new build

@19lmyers 

@19lmyers wrote:
While the new build fixes this issue, tabbed browsing is completely broken. I cannot modify text in the omnibox (though I can type in it if it's empty) and clicking on a tab closes it.

so like if you click on the omnibox, highlight a part of the URL and press delete, nothing happens?

Fixed in both normal and WDAG mode:
Version 79.0.294.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)

@HotCakeX

This is a DNS issue, and it is still broken depending on the DNS server being used.

The issue is edgetipscdn.microsoft.com aliases itself.

Such as:

nslookup

> edgetipscdn.microsoft.com
Server: [8.8.8.8]
Address: 8.8.8.8

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: sni1gl.wpc.epsiloncdn.net
Address: 152.195.19.97
Aliases: edgetipscdn.microsoft.com
edgedccdn.azureedge.net
edgedccdn.ec.azureedge.net
scdn1c9d1.wpc.37160.epsiloncdn.net

Some DNS servers only return "edgetipscdn.microsoft.com" and nothing else, therefore creating an infinite DNS loop.

I fixed it by appending this to my c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts:

152.195.19.97     edgetipscdn.microsoft.com

very good fix wdag has stopped creating problems im in 21h1 builds so its working fine now still need monitor it if comes again the crash