FIXED Edge Canary 83 PiP (Picture in Picture) gets broken when Windows Taskbar is set to auto-hide

MVP

Microsoft Edge Version 83.0.461.1 (Official build) canary (64-bit)

Please watch this video I recorded as it contains all the information about the Bug and how to reproduce it:

https://streamable.com/sd8lw

The bug happens regardless of Hardware Acceleration being turned on or off.

edge://settings/system

5 Replies

Flags that I have enabled in Edge, in case they could be helpful or related

Spoiler

Focus Mode

If enabled, allows the user to switch to Focus Mode  Mac, Windows

#focus-mode

TLS 1.3 Early Data

This option enables TLS 1.3 Early Data, allowing GET requests to be sent during the handshake when resuming a connection to a compatible TLS 1.3 server.  Mac, Windows

#enable-tls13-early-data

TLS Post-Quantum Confidentiality

This option enables a post-quantum (i.e. resistent to quantum computers) key exchange algorithm in TLS (CECPQ2).  Mac, Windows

#post-quantum-cecpq2

Omnibox rich entity suggestions

Display entity suggestions using images and an enhanced layout; showing more context and descriptive text about the entity.  Mac, Windows

#omnibox-rich-entity-suggestions

Omnibox tab switch suggestions

Enable suggestions for switching to open tabs within the Omnibox.  Mac, Windows

#omnibox-tab-switch-suggestions

Omnibox Pedal suggestions

Enable omnibox Pedal suggestions to accelerate actions within Microsoft Edge by detecting user intent and offering direct access to the end goal.  Mac, Windows

#omnibox-pedal-suggestions

Omnibox UI Max Autocomplete Matches

Changes the maximum number of autocomplete matches displayed in the Omnibox UI.  Mac, Windows

#omnibox-ui-max-autocomplete-matches

Tab Groups

Allows users to organize tabs into visually distinct groups, e.g. to separate tabs associated with different tasks.  Mac, Windows

#tab-groups

Parallel downloading

Enable parallel downloading to accelerate download speed.  Mac, Windows

#enable-parallel-downloading

Tab Hover Cards

Enables a popup containing tab information to be visible when hovering over a tab. This will replace tooltips for tabs.  Mac, Windows

#tab-hover-cards

Query in Omnibox

Only display query terms in the omnibox when viewing a search results page.  Mac, Windows

#enable-query-in-omnibox

Compositor threaded scrollbar scrolling

Enables pointer-based scrollbar scrolling on the compositor thread instead of the main thread  Mac, Windows

#compositor-threaded-scrollbar-scrolling

Allow installation of external store themes

Turn this on to allow themes from external web stores to be installed in Microsoft Edge.  Mac, Windows

#edge-allow-store-extension-themes

Assigns the shortcut Ctrl+K to Duplicate Tab

By default, both Ctrl+E and Ctrl+K are the shortcuts for Focus Search. If enabled, Ctrl+K is assigned to Duplicate Tab.  Windows

#edge-use-alternate-duplicate-tab-shortcut

Show block option in autoplay settings

If enabled, block will appear as an option in media autoplay settings.  Mac, Windows

#edge-autoplay-user-setting-block-option

Edge Crashes page in React

Enables the Edge Crashes UI to be rendered in React  Mac, Windows

#edge-crashes-page-react

Enable Fullscreen Dropdown

Drops down browser frame during browser fullscreen.  Windows

#edge-enable-shy-ui

Experimental Tracking Prevention Features

Enables upcoming and experimental improvements to Tracking Prevention.  Mac, Windows

#edge-experimental-tracking-prevention-features

Grammar Tools in Reading View

Enable Grammar Tools feature in Reading View  Mac, Windows

#edge-reading-view-grammar-tools

Reading Preferences in Reading View

Enable Reading Preferences in Reading View  Mac, Windows

#edge-reading-view-reading-preferences

Microsoft Edge Reading View for Selection

Enables user to see selected text from web page in Immersive Reader  Mac, Windows

#edge-reading-view-for-selection

Enable Ambient Authentication in InPrivate mode

Enables ambient authentication in InPrivate mode. This flag may be overriden by policies.  Mac, Windows

#enable-ambient-authentication-in-incognito

Enable Ambient Authentication in Guest session.

Enables ambient authentication in Guest session. This flag may be overriden by policies.  Mac, Windows

#enable-ambient-authentication-in-guest-session

Enable sharing page via QR Code

Enables right-click UI to share the page's URL via a generated QR Code.  Mac, Windows

#sharing-qr-code-generator

Global Media Controls

Enables the Global Media Controls UI in the toolbar.  Mac, Windows

#global-media-controls

Global Media Controls for Cast

Shows Cast sessions in the Global Media Controls UI. Requires #global-media-controls and #cast-media-route-provider to also be enabled.  Mac, Windows

#global-media-controls-for-cast

Global Media Controls Picture-in-Picture

Enables Picture-in-Picture controls in the Global Media Controls UI. Requires #global-media-controls to also be enabled.  Mac, Windows

#global-media-controls-picture-in-picture

Impulse-style scroll animations

Replaces the default scroll animation with Impulse-style scroll animations.  Mac, Windows

#impulse-scroll-animations

Show security warnings for sites using legacy TLS versions

Show security warnings for sites that use legacy TLS versions (TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1), which are deprecated and will be removed in the future.  Mac, Windows

#show-legacy-tls-warnings

Warning for Passive Mixed Content

Causes a 'Not Secure' chip to be shown in the omnibox if a site contains passive (aka optionally blockable) mixed content.  Mac, Windows

#passive-mixed-content-warning

Freeze User-Agent request header

Set the User-Agent request header to a static string that conforms to the current User-Agent string format but only reveals desktop vs Android and if the 'mobile' flag is set  Mac, Windows

#freeze-user-agent

@HotCakeX Good catch! Can you please submit diagnostic feedback, if you haven't yet? In the meantime, we'll also pass this on to the media team.

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

Hi @Deleted 

Thank you, of course I sent the same content of this post as feedback on Edge,

by the way I have a question, in which situations and for what kind of bugs/problems "recreate my problem" in Edge feedback is most useful?

gfdgfd.png

because I see it only generates a network.log file so I'm not sure whether I should use it only for problems happening in connection/network Or will it generate useful log for a problem happening, for example, in a website, display, bug in UI and so on too?

This is Fixed in Microsoft Edge Version 83.0.471.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)

@HotCakeX Awesome, glad to hear it!

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge