[FIXED] Drag and dropping pictures from the web to our PC is Not working

MVP

UPDATE: Fixed in Microsoft Edge Insider Version 79.0.279.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)

Take any picture you want, examples this and that

when i drag the picture and release the mouse on desktop or any folder, nothing happens.

the picture normally must be copied but it's not in Version 78.0.274.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)

@Elliot Kirk 

Windows 10 build 18980 insider (very unlikely to be related to the Windows)

9 Replies

@HotCakeX 

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.  Are you only experiencing this on one of the Microsoft Edge Insider Build Channels, or all of them?

Gabriel

@v-gapart 

I'm having the same problem. It only appears to be a problem on Canary.

I only use Canary, right now it's Version 78.0.277.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)
and still having this problem but it's been there since the last 3 or 4 updates.

The same error occurs when trying to create a shortcut of the url from the left side of the address bar. I understand that it must be the same problem. I use version dev 78.0.276.2.

-----

Ocurre el mismo error al intentar crear un acceso directo de la url desde el lado izquierdo de la barra de direcciones. Entiendo que debe de tratarse del mismo problema. Yo uso la version dev 78.0.276.2.

Hi,
the problem is Fixed in Version 79.0.279.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit),
you have to wait for Dev channel to get bumped to the version 79 too and receive the patches and fixes. it will fix your problem as well :)

I just received version 79 for Dev, and can confirm it's working. THANK YOU!!!

I can also confirm that the problem of shortcuts has been fixed with version 79.0.279.0.

Thank you!!

----------------------------

Tambien puedo confirmar que el problema de los accesos directos se ha solucionado con la version 79.0.279.0.

Muchas gracias!!

You're welcome! that's great ^^