SOLVED

(Fixed) An error occurred while checking for updates

Silver Contributor

Getting this same error every time I check for update even after a restart of browser.  Clearing cache etc....

checking for updates.jpg

Have sent in feedback with all the usual diagnostics etc...... 

Dennis5mile

8 Replies

@Dennis5mile +1, can confirm the same. Seems to be a server side issue.

Tagging @Deleted and @MissyQ for raising to the team.

@Rohit Yadav Thanks, Rohit and @Dennis5mile! I've reached out to the team to see what's up. I'll follow up when I hear back from them.

Missy Quarry (she/her/hers)
Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

update just now worked for me.... Version 87.0.643.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)

Dennis5mile

@MissyQ 

Appears to be fixed now.

@MissyQ @Deleted it is resolved for me as well. Thanks a lot for the quick resolution! :smile:

best response confirmed by Dennis5mile (Silver Contributor)
Microsoft Verified Best Answer
Solution

@Dennis5mile @Rohit Yadav @DavidGB @CrazyKats Thanks everyone for your reports! I wanted to wait until the team let me know that it was fully mitigated before reaching back out. We now believe this to be resolved, but please do let me know if you see this with the next Canary update.

Y'all are the best! Appreciate you being Insiders. :3

@MissyQ 

I'm still getting the error & have been for the last 4 months, regardless of how many times I close the browser & reopen.

Any ideas what will solve the problem?

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Dennis5mile (Silver Contributor)
Microsoft Verified Best Answer
Solution

@Dennis5mile @Rohit Yadav @DavidGB @CrazyKats Thanks everyone for your reports! I wanted to wait until the team let me know that it was fully mitigated before reaching back out. We now believe this to be resolved, but please do let me know if you see this with the next Canary update.

Y'all are the best! Appreciate you being Insiders. :3

View solution in original post