SOLVED

Features

Copper Contributor

I am missing the new features in microsoft edge 90 for example history , download flyout menus 

37 Replies
Hi !
90.0.818.41 This version is stable and works well for me and everything is!
Now even the password manager is built in and compares with the list of already revealed!
I suggest restarting for Windows, of course first please download manually, good luck
i have got the latest but haven't got certain features why is that
For sure, expand the context in Edge Settings!
They may not be visible on the taskbar, it is possible - often it is, but it is not a problem, please check and write!

@Deleted @Mastax00 

Hi,

features are rolled out gradually. what are you seeing is normal, just have to wait till you receive it.

For the Stable Channel, updates will roll out progressively over one or more days. To learn more, see Progressive rollouts for Microsoft Edge updates.

Microsoft Edge release notes for Stable Channel | Microsoft Docs

Progressive rollouts for Microsoft Edge Stable channel updates | Microsoft Docs

Hi Thank you for talking about it because many users have anxiety and dissatisfaction, because something is missing, or disappeared etc. - I believe that each update should explain it in fact, by in-person in an intelligible way (the very information that there is a bug is not enough) I would like to know if this is something important or just a trifle - it would probably help calm many users and did not cause frustration for no reason, please write what you think?
that information is public and available.
when users read the release notes and change logs, they need to read the part about staged rollout too.
Thank you, but i did not expect such an answer! I am talking about a simple communication from which it appears that it is gradual
implementation and no error, etc. ! be calm = Microsoft cares about you and Windows
so how come when i delete userdata and restart edge the features is there but when i close and open edge again it's not
Updates in Edge come quickly probably after a few days everything will already be fine - there is a phased introduction of the feature as she wrote HotCakeX just please wait .
I don't think it's necessary, it would be weird
The strange thing is what is now, people remain with information that is not complementary and does not provide basic knowledge! My car as the error pops up then I'm going to the car mechanic! In Windows, each error is the same and there is no distinction = the scale of the error, including the problem!
best response confirmed by Mastax00 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Apparently even in the Stable channel, features are still A/B tested, and so random users will see some of the advertised new features, and others won't. Which to me, frankly, is stupid. If Microsoft want to test features, that's what the Dev (Beta) and Canary (Daily/Alpha) channels exist for; Stable should provide a consistent experience for everyone. It's beyond silly to advertise features that are in a new major-version, let news publications do write-ups, but then have users find those features aren't actually there yet!

If Microsoft know in-advance a feature is still "not-quite-ready" then hold it back until the next major milestone release instead!
Hi A lot you are right first of all some features will never reach the implementation in a stable channel, so posting reviews may not be a good idea!

@A1 

Spoiler

@A1 wrote:
The strange thing is what is now, people remain with information that is not complementary and does not provide basic knowledge! My car as the error pops up then I'm going to the car mechanic! In Windows, each error is the same and there is no distinction = the scale of the error, including the problem!

Like I already mentioned, Microsoft included all the necessary info.

so all people need to do is to read.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/deployedge/microsoft-edge-relnote-stable-channel

@dftf-wip 

Spoiler

@dftf-wip wrote:
Apparently even in the Stable channel, features are still A/B tested, and so random users will see some of the advertised new features, and others won't. Which to me, frankly, is stupid. If Microsoft want to test features, that's what the Dev (Beta) and Canary (Daily/Alpha) channels exist for; Stable should provide a consistent experience for everyone. It's beyond silly to advertise features that are in a new major-version, let news publications do write-ups, but then have users find those features aren't actually there yet!

If Microsoft know in-advance a feature is still "not-quite-ready" then hold it back until the next major milestone release instead!

it's not stupid when you know the reason behind it, neither is it about feature not ready.

stable build is used by the most users in the world, so no matter how many insiders test it, when introducing certain novel features to millions of people, it's always best to do it cautiously and in waves. that's what the staged rollout is all about.

when a bug or problem happens, it won't affect everyone in the world simultaneously. there is absolutely nothing stupid or silly about it.

@A1 

@A1 wrote:
Hi A lot you are right first of all some features will never reach the implementation in a stable channel, so posting reviews may not be a good idea!

Name a feature in Edge that never reached or will never reach implementation in stable channel.

Please ask the Edge Team especially that the query concerns the future time too! Awakening hope for an update by publications can be frustrating - Everyone wants to have it, and the update does not provide, so the user unnecessarily looking for an error, certainly staged introduction makes sense, but introduces inequality in treatment and this is something that I see as a problem - and therefore I would like to have additional messages as I wrote earlier because it confirms that Microsoft provides the best = this communication model use Antivirus all the time emphasize that they help and are necessary! and that's what I'm missing in Windows Update and Edge too!
"so all people need to do is to read."

Can you please stop being so terse with users on here, especially when the articles you link to DO NOT state what you keep implying they do.

Again, if I read the article titled "Release notes for Microsoft Edge Stable Channel" and scroll-down to the "Version 90.0.818.39: April 15" heading, then under the "Printing" heading, bullet-point contains the sentence "The "Fit to Page" option ensures that the webpage or document is fit into the space available in the selected "Paper size" for printing". This option does not exist currently though in the Stable v90 Edge at-present. Can you please direct me to where you think it is so-clear in that article that this absence is to be expected, and that the feature will appear later?

To me, if a heading says "Version 90.0.818.39" and then below it are a list of features, I would reasonably expect (as would most average people) that all features listed should be present in the version they are listed under. You argue repeatedly this is not the case, however.

Likewise the other article you usually link to, "Progressive rollouts for Microsoft Edge Stable channel updates", likewise also DOES NOT mention anything about features not appearing for everyone. It is clearly saying that when a major new version of the browser gets released into the Stable channel -- so just-recently, version 90 -- that not all devices will receive this major update at time of release. It is normal for some devices to remain on v89 while others do update. However, again, it says nothing about certain features not appearing in the version they are advertised as being introduced in.

I don't see why you keep linking to these two articles to seemingly prove users wrong when neither of them from what I can see aid or prove your argument.

So... please can I ask you to explicitly point-out, through doing a direct-quote, where either article says anything to the effect of "when a new major version of the Edge browser is released into the Stable channel, not all advertised features will be available at launch to all users; Microsoft will activate some features at a later-date, and subject to user-feedback". Because I can't...
I Understand
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Mastax00 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

View solution in original post