SOLVED

Feature to implement Google search/third party engines in edge home tab

Copper Contributor

Hi all,

I was wondering if the developers can add an option to change the search engine on home tab to other different ones as I dont use Bing tbh. Hence I have to use the address bar every time to search something since only address bar setting is there to change engines. 

I am sorry if I posted my question in a wrong place. 

Thanks

12 Replies
best response confirmed by MilindGoel15 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hi, it's the right place. you can change your address bar and the search bar in the middle of the new tab page, from the settings: edge://settings/search

You can go to google.com if you want. Or, if you don't want to spend so much time, you can go to edge://settings/search like @HotCakeX has stated or you can go to edge://settings/onStartup and set google.com as the default startup page and then when you want to search you can duplicate tabs. Keep one google.com open for this.

so i'm not the only one that didn't find such option immediately. i am still of the idea that edge should change the position of such setting, like i wrote in a previous post. 

@MilindGoel15  or you can install this https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/chrometana-redirect-bing/kaicbfmipfpfpjmlbpejaoaflfdnabnc 

in my opinion is much faster if you manage multiple profiles with edges. 

@edgesuggestions 

@edgesuggestions wrote:

so i'm not the only one that didn't find such option immediately. i am still of the idea that edge should change the position of such setting, like i wrote in a previous post. 

you don't need to really memorize the location of any settings in Edge. there is a search area, just type in whatever you are looking for and it will find it instantly.

super duper easy

fdsfsfsd.png

@HotCakeX  yes this is how i discovered it, by searching "google".

but it's still in the wrong place, even if there is a search function. for me is not a problem, because now i use the chrome extension on edge and other browser. this is much faster and it's added automatically to all my new profiles thanks to the sync/library files.

sometimes you are much quicker to do without searching, especially if you need to batch change a lot of setting on multiple profiles and browsers, and you know you just need to scroll 2x, 1x, etc. to find the setting.

@edgesuggestions 

that's your opinion, I don't feel that way at all.

@HotCakeX it's ok, everyone has other usage.

once you repeat 100x the same task you will probably understand what i mean. at least it's easy to fix it in edge thanks to the extension, compared to duckduckgo based browsers, where the extension doesn't work, but they allow us quick edit in the setting (we just need to scroll 1x) 

@edgesuggestions 

Don't worry I already understand it perfectly. I've done it more times than that, maybe I'm just that fast, don't need an extension for something that simple.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by MilindGoel15 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hi, it's the right place. you can change your address bar and the search bar in the middle of the new tab page, from the settings: edge://settings/search

View solution in original post