Feature request: Start menu/Taskbar/Desktop shortcuts for individual user profiles

Brass Contributor

Hey everyone!

I'd like to make a feature request regarding user profiles, and it's essentially the ability to create shortcuts, be it in Start, the Tasksbar, or the desktop, to open Edge into a specific user profile. Google Chrome allows this and I think it saves a lot of time getting to what we want.

I hope this can be done. Thanks in advance!

5 Replies
I have a work around for this, till it can be implemented.
1) Create the profile in Edge. If this is the first profile the name will be "Profile 1". The 1 will increase with each profile.
2) Create a short cut to Edge on your dektop.
3) Right click on the shortcut and in the Target put in: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge Dev\Application\msedge.exe" --profile-directory="Profile 1". Replace the Profile 1 with the correct number profile.

Now when you click on that short cut it till open that profile.

Would be great if we can also get a shortcut under right-clicking the Edge icon on the taskbar and then select the profile so not to clutter the taskbar too much with individual profile shortcuts.

Unfortunately that doesn't assign the right icons to the shortcuts. Even when manually editing the icon of those shortcuts to the ones for each profile, they don't change (on my setup).