[FEATURE REQUEST] :: Pip Button

Brass Contributor

One of most convenient feature i find in opera browser is that pip button on any video ; just tap button and video is floating in ur screen.  If in Edge browser too that would be great . Why not add pip button on the video so that we can easily use pip without using any extensions or right click menus.

Just a floating overlay "pip" button on top of any video. 

This may be least priority feature but at least .... 

9 Replies
Is already there, like for youtube: dubble right click on the video. You will get a new menu, also pip and cast.

@jelle kok OP means Edge to utilise the PiP functionality built into Windows which some apps such as myTube already take advantage of. This allows the users to continue watching a video while also reading their favourite website for example. 

@horizon I totally agree with you. That one is the feature that keeps me as an Opera user. I use it almost all the time. Is true that you can do the right click "picture in picture" in almost every chromium based browser but unfortunately some websites seems to override the video Context Menu, for example CNN, the one that I use most. The Opera implementation is much simpler and it works in any video no matter the website design. It's a PopOut control that appears with the other video controls at the top of the video. That would be great in the new Edge. 

Video pop out.jpg

yes sir but its not convinient ; a button above the player would be fast and snappy.

@horizon Thank you for the feedback. We have gotten multiple requests for this like on this thread as well https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Discussions/Native-PIP-Mode/m-p/412244#M262 and we have filed an internal feature request for the same. 

@horizon 

i also want this feature from opera. this is very usefull, i use it every single day and love it.

@lleal99 great exemplification, really need this feature in the new edge 

PIP feature is available in edge, then PIP button should also be given

Agreed. It's the one thing that keeps me hanging onto Opera.