Feature request: Open a Favorite in a New Tab Automatically

Steel Contributor

Please add an option in settings to open favorites in a new tab by default. For instance, when I select a favorite from the favorites bar, I can right-click and choose to open in a new tab. I wish I could set it to do that by default.

24 Replies
"without the hassle of a long press and additional tap." unfortunately with every convenience (not having to carry around a keyboard) there's an inconveniece, #noShade

@JordanQ 

Or add an option as there was with Internet Explorer, a small arrow that appears next to the favorites when you hover the mouse over it
And we would have the choice where to open the favorites, in the existing page if we click on the Favorites or if we click on the small arrow (or other symbol) it opens in a new tab

I think this is a very reasonable demand. The middle mouse button is not more comfortable than the left mouse button, and as long as you add a switch, it can meet everyone. I hope the Edge team can add it as soon as possible
Agree, workarounds are all well and good, happy to learn about the middle mouse button trick, but this should be exposed as a user setting.
Whether it is an option in the settings then and not the default use :)