Feature request: Notify users when their physical address is listed in people search databases.

Brass Contributor

Since Edge does store addresses you enter for AutoComplete fields, I was wondering if this were a feature that could be added. There's a feature that lets you know if your stored password for a given site has been leaked, so I'm wondering if something along these lines could be done as well.

It would still be up to the user to do something about it, like perhaps to go for a service that attempts to remove all these or else go through manual removal processes, but it's something I think is important.

A lot of people don't know this whole mess is going on until they get the wrong kind of attention, they wind up with their real name linked to a username and posted on some seedy part of the Internet where bad actors will use a people search to get their real home address and them post it so others can harass them, etc.

In general, random people online being able to find out exactly where you live by simply entering your real name is pretty bad. 

0 Replies