Feature Request: Install site as an app for multiple users

Copper Contributor

I've loved the "Install this site as an App" feature since it's IE equivalent, and use it quite a bit now that apps can just be Start Menu shortcuts rather than taking up space on the taskbar.

I'd love the ability to create an Edge App that isn't specific to the user account though.  We are moving away from having admin tools installed on IT Staff's individual desktops, and towards publishing them through an RDSH Farm.  This works well for 'classic' applications or MMC tools, but more and more tools are becoming browser-based.  Whilst I have MS Edge installed on the Session Hosts, and I can publish a shortcut to launch edge to a particular address, I'd like to be able to use the fully immersive "app" experience through the Farm too.

1 Reply
Hi,
if you find a bug or have a feature request, first please report it through the in-browser feedback tool. (… menu > Help and feedback > Send feedback). If you need personalized help with troubleshooting an issue, especially if it relates to your specific device or account, please contact Insider Customer Support team. This is a small, specially trained team to solely support Insider community, so they can provide the 1:1 assistance that you or your Enterprise environment might need.

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/discussions/a-few-updates-from-the-microsoft-edge-team/m-p/19...