Feature request - GPO to control sync settings

Iron Contributor

I am evaluating Edge for my enterprise and I would like to see a GPO to control what can be synced. In my case, I would like users to be able to sync favorites but not addresses/passwords. Either way, they should all be configurable.

4 Replies

Hmm, this must have been in the works already but I see the next day this was added into the policy reference page for Edge 83+. Thank you Microsoft!

----------

SyncTypesListDisabled

If you enable this policy all the specified data types will be excluded from synchronization. This policy can be used to limit the type of data uploaded to the Microsoft Edge synchronization service.

You can provide one of the following data types for this policy: "favorites", "settings", "passwords", "addressesAndMore", "extensions", and “collections”. Note that these data type names are case sensitive.

Users will not be able to override the disabled data types.

@kqf_chris  Hmm I cannot find this setting: SyncTypesListDisabled

And we have the latest admx =(

Is it under computer/admin/Microsoft Edge?

/Johnny

@johnnyericsson82 

It was added in Edge 83 do you will need to be running at least that version for it to work. Additionally, you will need to grab the policy templates for that version by going to the enterprise download page and select Beta 83 (preview). Hope that helps.

Ah big thanks!