Feature request: Closing and restoring all of your profile windows

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I'm trying to migrate from Chrome to Edge. I'm using the multi-profile feature a lot (work / private profile for instance).

One feature I'm really missing from Chrome is the ability to close all the open windows of a profile.

I didn't find a way to do this with Edge in case you have more than one window open with your profile. You have to close the windows one by one and once you open your profile again, it will restore only the last window you closed.

The menu > "Close Microsoft Edge" will close all your profiles, not really useful to fulfill this use case.

Chrome shows an entry on your profile menu once you have more than one window open:

dmuller_0-1626111246118.png

Then, it will open back all of your windows once you switch to this profile again.

I tried with Edge versions stable (91.0.864.67) and Beta (92.0.902.40).

Did I miss the option or edge flag to accomplish that?

Many thanks in advance,

David

3 Replies
YES! I was just getting on here to request the ability to close a profile. I have work and personal profiles open with multiple windows in each, at the end of the workday I want to close the work ones and resume them tomorrow, but the only way to do this without losing all but the last window closed is "Close Microsoft Edge" (everything) and then just reopen the personal profile. Would be much nicer to be able to just "Close this profile".

@dmuller 

Thanks a lot, another eye opener for me. It's preposterous that such stupid, **bleep** stupid(!) things like that below had found a way to the programmers desktops, but essential features are still waiting for thei better times or they rot somewhere in forgotten drawers, or they were not took into consideration even!

Web capture_20-9-2021_018_www.microsoftedgeinsider.com.jpeg

I didn't expect in what a shamble I'd find myself turning to Microsoft. I'm on Debian bandwagon for years, when Opera Dev stalled, I gave a look into Edge for Linux. How proudly it's sounded, hasn't it? And what? Day by day it appears to be an inflated crap, absolutely total crap. Not for IT men, for MS lovers and kids, only. D'oh!

--
MS Edge Dev 95.0.1011.1-1
Debian Bullseye GNU/Linux 5.10.46-4, X.org 1.20.11, IceWM 2.1.2
Nvidia GeForce GTX 650, Driver 460.91.03, systemd 247 (247.3-6)

I really want this feature, especially now that "Work profiles" have rolled out in Edge.