[Feature Request] Auto delete old site date/cookies after specified time.

Deleted
Not applicable

Old cookies from sites and their data keeps piling up as we browse internet, which become useless after certain time. Now this time may differ user to user based on their use case of the browser. Personally I think it would be better if that old waste data could be deleted automatically after sometime specified by the user.

Comment Down what you think of this (would be useful or else?)

@MissyQ @Deleted 

4 Replies

@Deleted Hey! Sorry for the delay in responding to you. I promise we didn't ignore this, just had other things over the holiday to address. :)

This seems like a great idea, but I wanted to clarify something before bringing this back to the team. We do have a feature where you can "clear on exit" and you can have cookies set up in that. Is this the same as what you are looking for, or are you specifically asking about the ability to set a time frame for the clearing rather than every time you exit?

Missy Quarry (she/her/hers)
Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

Hey @MissyQ ,

Thanks for the reply, I already know about 'clear on exit' I just wanted to add a time period, as you know some data is required for even after a session is ended, for the next session, So, it would be great to have a time period, until when a user wants that data.

@Deleted I was looking to clarify for when I bring it back to the team, and I appreciate you clearing that up for me! Is there any specific scenario you can think of where this would be beneficial? That will help me explain this even more to the team.

In the meantime, be sure to submit this feedback through the browser, too. I love this back and forth to dig into it, though.

Missy Quarry (she/her/hers)
Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

@Deleted can you look at this thread, This one looks great. Like if some user set the time period of 5 days, their data older than 5 days deleted automatically. Now this time period may differ user to user like some people could set it to a week or a month. All data older than that specified time would be deleted.
Who doesn't like the uncluttered workspace?
Just to note, "clear on exit" deletes data every time a user exit the browser, but this is different like setting up- a time limit.