Feature Request: add icons to the extension right-click menu

Bronze Contributor

The extension right-click menu is a hierarchical doozy, at the moment:

mL4eMLM

A few simple feature requests, all quality of life improvements:

1. Can we add icons to each of the menu options, like the normal right-click menu in Edge? The space to the left of the text is presumably a placeholder, so I'm just chiming in that I'd like the options. The icons help me parse the option list quickly: "What options are from the extension? What is just boilerplate Edge?"
  2. Why are there random dividers? Like between the first two options "Save to Pocket" and "Open Your Pocket List": those two are from the extension, not from Edge. Why are they split with a gray divider?
  3. The order isn't ideal, either: seems more logical to put "Extension options" 3rd, before "This can read and change site data >". Right, all the extension items first (because those are more likely to be used) and then all the Edge options.

And it's not just Pocket, but Bitwarden, too:

w40LPj7

These are native Microsoft Edge extensions, too, which makes it hopefully easier to target. A neat option would be allowing Edge extension developers to specify their own icon (i.e., make extensions look more authoritative & integrated) for their right-click menu options, but that's for another day.

Already submitted via the Smiley, but thought I'd post here, too.

0 Replies